Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Startching

I was reading about startching on the site and asked a few questions. I startched my fabric before cutting it out for a table runner. How easy it was to cut and sew. What a great tip. Startch will be a staple in my sewing room for now on!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Try Mary Ellen's Best Press. Even better!

Quote Originally Posted by bgullett
    I was reading about startching on the site and asked a few questions. I startched my fabric before cutting it out for a table runner. How easy it was to cut and sew. What a great tip. Startch will be a staple in my sewing room for now on!
    Same here... I have been quilting for many years, and it wasn't until I joined this group that I learned how valuable starch is!

Blog Entries
    Starch is my BFF. I just pieced a background for a Christmas project - 4 different kinds of plaids. If I hadn't starched the daylights out of that fabric, there is no way I could have cut it accurately and have the plaid lines at least straight, since they don't match.
    Don't tell my mom that I have starch in my house. She thinks I don't own an iron. hehehehe

I love Mary Ellen's Best press. Doesn't leave a residue or gum up your iron or cutter.

Where is Mary Ellen sold?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    Where is Mary Ellen sold?
    I've bought it at Hancock's or JoAnn's. Never have seen it at Wal-mart or the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by tjradj
    Starch is my BFF. I just pieced a background for a Christmas project - 4 different kinds of plaids. If I hadn't starched the daylights out of that fabric, there is no way I could have cut it accurately and have the plaid lines at least straight, since they don't match.
    Don't tell my mom that I have starch in my house. She thinks I don't own an iron. hehehehe
    lol My mom thinks the same about me. I do have an iron (two, actually) and starch...but neither gets used on clothing...except for DH's military dress uniform...but I usually just bring it to the dry cleaner for that! haha