Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch regulators >

Stitch regulators

Stitch regulators

Old 11-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Boo

PattySue, aren't you too clever! I have often heard that necessity is the mother of invention. You have proven that adage. Thank you for posting your solution.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:25 PM

The below site has stich reg. It will let you know what models have them
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp09265-1175.html
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 AM

Minda or anybody, can you give me some idea about the price of a bernina? I checked them out on their site and think I would like to approach my husband about buying one but have no idea how much they are hundreds or thousands?

Thanks
kathy
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 AM

PattySue, our mama used the block of wood when my sisters and I were learning to sew. She managed to control our "lead foot" sewing if not in our driving later on. Ha!

I bought the new Bernina with the stitch regulator. I love it. It counts the threads so supposedly the stitches will all be the same. (I can override that! It took me no practice at all!!! Ha-ha!!) Overall though, the regulator makes free-motion quilting very, very easy. Once you try it you'll want one. I have a niece to blame for my buying the Bernina. OH, yes, She let me try hers!

I also own a Pfaff which I love because of the built in dual feed. I read somewhere that they were also coming out with a stitch regulator. Keep looking.

Meanwhile I piece with the Pfaff and quilt with "Nina".
Old 01-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Kathy, To get a new Bernina with a stitch regulator, you will pay thousands. I don't remember the exact price of mine. Try checking online to find a Bernina store close to you and check out their prices. Some Bernina dealers sell used machines that are like new and still under warranty, but the previous owner just wanted to update to a newer model. Be sure to ask lots of questions and try out the machines before you buy. Good luck.

Minda
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM

I just purchases a Bernina sewing and embroidery. The price is a little over seven thousand. The shop has it own order and will ship on the 8th.
Looking forward to getting it but know I will be taking many lessons from the shop. I want to be able to use everything on it. At that price I had better learn or needed to have stayed with my Phaff.... sewing only
Beth
Old 01-04-2007, 03:49 AM

WOW!!!!! I'm speechless, I had NO idea. I was hoping for 1 grand max.
I may NEVER own one.
kathy
Old 01-04-2007, 08:45 AM

When I buy something 'large' we always laugh and say, "That's what I worked 31 years for!" Plus I have the advantage of being married to a man that likes his computers up-to-date! The Bernina was my new 'computer!'

I got the Bernina without the embroidery function. (I'd rather do that by hand.) So my machine was a little less. Just start saving your pennies, Kathy. Also, as more machines develope stitch regulators and as this becomes more 'everday' on the machines I'm sure the prices will drop. Don't give up!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 AM

It will probably be my new car if I ever get one! LOL
so like how much less? I could do without the embroidery too as I like to do that by hand also.
kathy
Old 01-04-2007, 09:18 AM

Kathy,
I have the Bernina, Aurora 440 and paid a little over $3000. Still a lot but not bad when I compare it to my husbands newest apple computer at the time! :lol:

I bought my machine at a quilt fair and got "such a deal!" Oh, well. I wanted it and I had worked a long time. It's time to play now! I do like my toys just as much as my husband likes his!