Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 AM

Still sewing and not sure i will make the deadline, but i am trying, LOL
Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 AM

Hey, Minnesota Quilter! I am all caught up, shopping done, groceries bought (Rainbow 6:00 AM - and it was packed in there). Funny how we get when we are supposed to get snow, eh? I keep looking out the window for the first flake to appear - It does take a flake to know a flake!!!!!!! Our son just called and said it is supposed to start this afternoon and go right through Sunday! Alas and Alack! Shades of 2002! But we got lotsa food in the house. Not to worry~~~~ Wine too! Even more not to worry!

I have cooking to do yet, company tomorrow and Christmas Day, if they can get out! We have invited our neighbors over if they don't head out tomorrow for Milwaukee! Hey, our food is your food!!!!!!

I am getting quilting withdrawals severely. I like to just sit for a little while and sew and the machine is packed away, I am getting a new quilting cabinet and table from the best Santa Claus in the world, and I just miss the sewing. So relaxing! Where in Minnesota are you? Love to know where the quilters are in our fair state!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you! Edie
Old 12-23-2009, 09:10 AM

Well, we've had plenty of flakes over here in England, and as usual, the country grinds to a halt!! (shakes head in despair) and what do the gritters say... it came down at the wrong time ??

but, today I've got all my Christmas goodies in as the family are coming to our house this year and all but one present done... my sister's quilt.

To be honest, I'd forgotten just how much hand sewing the binding takes on a 90x90 quilt. I'm almost there... half of one last side to do, but I've decided that I'm not even going to wash it once I've finished as it'll never dry in this weather and the tumble dryer has decided to blow up on me.

I'm sure I'll finish, but it's going to be a near run!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Greetings to all and I must say I'm impressed with your productivity this Christmas season. We've hosted 5 gatherings here at our newly redone home already this week, and loved showing off my sewing and decor projects. Since we've been in such a mess for so long, I almost forgot how to cook, but have had a crash course this week and enjoying it. Gifts are ready. Tomorrow we will head to visit my dad and mom at the Veterans Home (about 1 1/2 hr away), meet with sis and family and our son and family. Son, DDIL and her mom will come back here for Christmas. Then that evening we will have a candlelight service at church (I play in the bellchoir and sing in the chancel choir). It's always a beautiful part of Christmas for me. It's raining here and promise of floods, maybe ice and snow over the weekend. Sounds like a nice time to stay home and enjoy being together. After Christmas, the new sewing room will get back into production and I can hardly wait.

MC to all and to all a Happy New Year too!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:12 AM

Not sure if I am going to get the 3 blue jean quilts I am working on done. I ordered thread and the post office gave it to someone else on the 16th. Just found out for sure today they don't have my package at the post office. :o( I was hoping to use some of the thread I ordered to do the final sewing around the edges of the quilts. I did finish sewing the backings (flannel sheets) onto the quilts last night. lol Could be very interesting to say the least.
Carol
PS I did call the company and they are sending me a replacement order. And they are not going to send it through the post office.