Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stroll down memory lane

Blog Entries
    Darren, what a wonderful story. This is the perfect place to share that kind of story as we can all appreciate it. We cannot wait to see what you are going to make with the fabrics. It's going to be so personally rewarding. :)

This made me smile, and I needed a smile today.

Thank you for sharing the precious memories. I will be cheering for you and your wife as you work on that wedding ring quilt, and all the other projects you make with that wonderful stash you inherited!

What a great story and the scraps aren't scraps, but pieces of your families lives to cherish. Have fun making a living memory with your "scraps".

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing a beautiful memory with us. My daughters each have quilts made by their mamaw and great-mamaws and they are such treasures. You and your wife are so very lucky to have a box of treasures to work with.

What wonderful memories and how lucky there is someone in the family left to appreciate her efforts and experience the enjoyment she felt quilting.

Best of luck with your projects. (Consider putting notes on the back of them that detail the history of the items for future "relatives".)

Your grandmother is probably smiling down on you for remembering all these things you mentioned, knowing she had a lot to do with creating your memories...I know you will make her proud with whatever you decide to create.

Darren, what a wonderful box of memories!!! And a great story too. Maybe someday, my(future) grandchildren will have some of my scraps and fond memories of all different pieces of fabric!

OO I wish I lived closer I would love to help you with this project and listen to the stories.....

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I was afraid the long post would turn people off, but I did want to share the thoughts that came to me while I worked.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can make with the scraps, and I'm sort of excited that Kimberly wants to continue the DWR quilt. I will post again when I start cutting. Right now I still have a basket and a half of scraps to press. That may take til I'm 50.

Darren

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast