Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Style changing?

Do you find your style of quilting changing such as fabric likes and dislikes? I started out loving the flowers on all my fabrics now I am really getting into batiks and arty quilting. But I find myself with all this flower fabric so I need to hurry and get it made into projects so I can move on to what I really want to do.

Blog Entries
    For me, quilt patterns can be changed by the type/designs of fabrics... I find myself all over the place.. I don't feel the need to stick with a particular style, I just go where the mood strikes me at the time :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I have a lot of plaid fabric and I don't like plaids now but it use to be the fabric to buy. Every quilt pattern seemed to have plaid fabric. I'm making rag quilts from the plaids and adding in other fabric that I fell out of love with. The quilts will be used so that's better then having the fabric sitting in a box.

I'm still basically the same color scheme....I used to be light blue, pink, yellow,lt. green. Now I'm burgandy, navy dark yellow and dark green. When I first started quilting, everything had to be tiny little prints. Now I love batik's and what you can do with large scale prints. But I still use them all, I just don't use any old fabric that doesn't feel soft. I guess those were pretty cheap fabrics a long time ago. I love the feel of today's soft fabric.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    For me, quilt patterns can be changed by the type/designs of fabrics... I find myself all over the place.. I don't feel the need to stick with a particular style, I just go where the mood strikes me at the time :D:D:D
    This is me too!!

I love a variety of fabrics but love the "granny or Aunt Gracie" prints the most as I love a lot of "retro" looks. BUT, I'm doing a coin quilt and loving the Aqua and Red (like Bliss) colors and find myself being drawn to them. I also love the "Brights". Oh never mind. I LOVE all fabric. LOL

I tend to buy pastels with small print. Its the little girl in me that wants everything to be bright and pretty.

My stash consisted of lots of dark green, navy, wine, creme, brown, mauve and blue small prints as I used to make runners and wall hangings that I sold and those colors were basics. Didn't do much quilting for the last 12 year and am now back into it and am in love with all the batiks, bright bold colors and large florals so guess what I have been buying?? I've even been buying solids which I didn't have much of. Change is fun but I still love my old stash too.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    This is me too!!
    Same here!!

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Fabric wise I've always loved loved batiks (have lots). But my pattern choices change all the time. I'll look over stuff I had purchased about a year before and wonder "what the hell was I thinking". That said, I think change is good!!
    Who knows, maybe you'll like it again - have fun :thumbup:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast