Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Subscriptions >
  • Subscriptions

• Subscriptions

Old 08-06-2015, 08:10 PM

I also get no magazines, I use the money for fabric!
    Old 08-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Hello, my name is Nancy and I'm a magazinaholic! Seriously! I take American Patchwork, McCalls, Machine Quilter Unlimited, Quiltmaker, IMQS On Track and previously took Quilter's World, Fons and Porter Love of Quilting, and AQS and Quilter's Newsletter. Each has their own "personality", but when I was taking all of them at the same time I finally sat down and divided all my old ones into "has 2+ patterns that I'd like to make"; has one I'd like to make; nice quilts--but nothing I'd actually make. What I found was the ones that fell into the first category were the McCall's, American Patchwork and Quiltmaker. So those were the ones I keep subscribing to--the Machine Quilting Unlimited is like a longarm manual for me--always learn so much even if the actual top patterns are ones I might not ever make. and the IMQS On Track! is a benefit of the membership, so while it only has one article that I really find useful, I do like it.

Some of you mention not liking the ads--I like them! The fabric ads are always good and the other ones are informative, too-all the latest gizmos! But I'm a voracious reader and like a few of you--I want the feel of a paper mag or book---and magazines are great for taking with you to flip through at the dr office, a kid event or a trip.

Best tip-go to a bookstore like Barnes & Noble and pick up several quilting mags to try out--then go with the ones you enjoy the most.
    Old 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM

The MSQ BLOCK Magazine is the only one that I subscribe to. Once in a blue moon I may buy a magazine off the rack at one of the quilt stores.