Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Subscriptions >

Subscriptions

Subscriptions

Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
NONE, I let both my McCall's Quick Quilts and Quilter's World expire. I have more than enough patterns to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
I agree, I am letting all of mine expire. I have kept issues that had things I really love. Haven't re-looked at them but maybe someday. I too will never have time to get to all of the want-to patterns.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:47 AM

Oh the joy of getting a quilt magazine in the mail. A cup of coffee or tea and me and the magazine is my break in my whirlwind life. I enjoy holding and reading and imagining the possibilities while thumbing thru. It's downtime and uplifting for me. I learn and keep my brain young. American Patchwork is my favorite I also get McCalls Quick Quilts and Quiltmakers. I keep them and go thru the old periodically. This is a go to place for me that computers just can't equal. I allow myself the joy I find and I am so grateful for it.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 AM

I subscribe to BH&G and AQS. When I find a magazine I like, I will buy just that one. I, too have been disappointed in subsequent issues, so I buy just the issues I want, altho it costs more.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:09 AM

Right now I only get Block by MSQC, in the past I received several subscriptions as gift and really never used them, too much advertising in them and the quilts were not my taste.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:46 AM

I used to get at least 5 subscriptions including Quiltmaker, McCalls Quilting, McCall's Quick Quilts, American Patchwork, Fons & Porter...just to name a few. My shelves were overflowing with so many. I have pared that down quite a bit mostly because I belong to a quilt guild and have been lucky to have access to piles of magazines that other quilters have decided to dispose of. I think I've gone through at least 1000 magazines (or more) in the last few years. I used to tear out pages of patterns I liked but since I was passing them on I didn't want to spoil a magazine that someone else might want. Since I have seen so many I cut off a small corner on the top to signify those magazine I have already looked at before I pass them on which helps a lot. So now I only keep those that have patterns in them that inspire me either for their design or their color combinations. I use sticky notes cut into smaller strips to mark their placement and add a note to it like "bag" or "childrens", etc. I still love to pull out my keepers to browse through again and again. When I am watching TV I enjoy thumbing through magazines. Don't think I'll stop subscribing to just a few favorites.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

I used to subscribe to 5 or 6 quilt magazines, but have trimmed those subscriptions down to Quick Quilts, Quilter's Newsletter, and McCall's Quilting. I do not get out much due to health problems, but if I'm lucky to find a copy, I will snap up the Quilt it for Christmas magazine, which gives me great ideas for Christmas and craft fairs.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Quiltmaker and Love of Quilting(Fons & Porter)
Old 08-06-2015, 05:41 PM

I used to subscribe to several but they aren't as inspiring as they used to be for me anyways. Not enough to warrant the price of them. I have so many free patterns & also my own made-up patterns to last me for ever. If I see something that looks interesting I'll just buy one on the news stands
Old 08-06-2015, 06:11 PM

Primitive Quilts but I have not made one thing from all the issues and really think I won't renew. I let all my other magazine subscriptions expire.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

I let mine lapse because they all seemed to morph into one magazine after a while.