Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions on Sewing Machine Trolley Bag >

Suggestions on Sewing Machine Trolley Bag

Suggestions on Sewing Machine Trolley Bag

Old 09-14-2016, 10:30 PM

Default Suggestions on Sewing Machine Trolley Bag

Hi All,

I was hoping to get your advice on a good quality sewing machine trolley bag. I have a Bernina 350 and go to a class every week, so would love a trolley that I can take it safely in.

I live in Australia, so if anyone knows any that will ship here that would be great!

So far, I've found this one that seems like a reasonable price, but have no idea if they are any good:

http://www.hobbysew.com.au/storage/t...ag---navy.aspx

Any help will be appreciated!
Old 09-15-2016, 02:44 AM

I bought mine at Joann Fabrics for $39.00 and it works for me however I don't know if they ship out of the country.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:19 AM

I use a bag made like this every week for my classes. Make sure the size is big enough for your machine. In my bag I have my Janome 3160, a reel type extension cord, a mat for under my machine , a travel iron, a fabric sewing kit, usually my current project and still get my lunch in there too. I use the outside pocket for my 6 x 12 ruler. I have had mine for over 10 years and it is still going strong. I would replace it in a minute if this one breaks down.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

I would first check with a Bernina dealer to see if they make a bag specifically for your machine. If not, check Tutto bags. I googled "Tutto Bags Australia" and it looks like there are AU vendors for these well made bags.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM

I already had my machines in the universal plastic cases so my sweet hubby went online and found me a small foldable luggage trolley for less than $30. It came with a bungee so I just strap my machines in the case to the trolley. Works great for friend's houses
Old 09-15-2016, 06:35 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I put my machine down in a rolliing cart -- sort of looks like milk crate on wheels with a pull handle. Would this work for you? Will Amazon.con ship to Australia?

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_2pb7d5sg3u_b

Jan in VA
Old 09-15-2016, 07:23 PM

My bag is from Walmart and cost $49. I don't use it that often, don't carry a cutting mat, and carry an inexpensive Brother mechanical machine for traveling. If bad stuff were to happen to my sewing machine, it wouldn't hurt that much. If you intend to transport your machine frequently, a better quality bag is probably a good investment.

I have also used a small luggage bag with wheels - carry on size or the next size up. It was heavier than the sewing bag, and not as easy to lift into my car, though.That has become more important to me in the last few years.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 AM

LOVE my Tutto...but not a cheap date but so easy to pull. Like power steering on a trolly.
sandy
Old 09-16-2016, 02:26 AM
Power Poster

I have one I got from Hancock's before it went out of business. My machine just fits in it. I don't belong to a guild so mine is mainly to have if I need to store it. It has pockets. The main thing is to measure your machine and determine how often you will be using it and what you want to put into it. Will it carry your needs for guild or travel like your iron(s). Small cutting board etc. If you're going to use it often, get a sturdy one or a cart like Jan in VA mentions. My cousin belongs to a guild and uses a cart like Jan's. She likes it because she can also strap on her tool box (notions) on top.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:02 PM

I also have a Bernina 350 (among lots of other machines ). and I purchased a trolley right from the Bernina store - abiut $200 - not cheap. For my machine that I take to my quilt guild stuff I have a Tutto plus two other Tutto bags and I love them. Bought them at a big quilt show and got a terrific price. I also have other,rolling trolleys that I use periodically but I love my Tutto - instead of having to tilt the case to pull it pulls longwise with no tilting and has great wheels that turn. The handle does not telescope but just lays down flat on the case - you just lift it up and pull. The top is flat so lots of,other things can be stacked and held down with bungee cords.

A lot depends on what you can pay. The ones from Joann's are just fine but my machines don't fit - and I don't like the color choices. But I do have a friend that has one for her smaller machine that she brings to our guild and it does just fine. Like others have said, just make sure your machine fits and if it has more room for other things, like a,sewing box, etc. Or you can sit smaller cases on top and strap them down so they don't fall,off.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC