Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Bonnet Sue

Sun Bonnet Sue

Have you made a Sun Bonnet Sue? I'm working on my first Sun Bonnet Sue lap quilt. Thought it would be a fairly simple quilt to make - Boy I was wrong. There is so much detail to making these little boys and girls.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. It has been a great way to use up scraps.

Did Holly Hobby change her name, or is Sue a distant cousin?

Good luck Cagey,its on my bucket list to do,they are sew darling when there done. Can't wait to see yours.Mary
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

I've made a couple then gave up and put them aside for a later project. I've wanted to make my own Sun Bonnet Sue quilt for so long ... it will just have to wait. Good luck to you for your perserverance!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    I used Eleanor Burn's book, Sun Bonnet Sue Visits Quilt in A Day, http://www.amazon.com/Quilt-Day-Sunb...quilt+patterns and the interfacing that can be bought with the cut outs printed on it. I am a beginning quilter and it wasn't to hard to make. I made it as Christmas gift for my oldest DD a couple years ago. I will have to take a picture of it soon.
    Sherri

I have made gobs of Sunbonnet Sues. What are you finding problems with? Maybe I can help.
    Kathy Osterby

I made an Umbrella Girl quilt for one of my GDs last year. I had fun working on it. Did a SID, then I embriodery umbrella girl outline in the sashing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I made two, actually one, I set old vintage blocks with sashing and borders (I took it with me as a comfort when my mother passed and left it accidentally in a motel in Okla) and now another one that is almost finished. If you put your own details on the girls, it becomes more interesting. I sewed buttons on the shoes and flowers and ribbons on the bonnets. I tried to locate the quilt in Okla but, of course, nobody had seen it.

This is Sunbonnet Sue in Texas, which I made a couple of years ago. It was alot of fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been trying to think of something to do with 30's fabrics, and right now a Sunbonnet Sue is a top choice. We had a guild speaker who just came out with a re-edition of an old Sunbonnet Sue pattern, where the bonnets of the Sues are different types of flowers.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast