Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: table runner???

Yesterday I was at Joann's and their Christmas fabric was 65% off so I bought coordinating fabric for the back so the runners could be reversed. I bought a cute theme pattern for the top and then bought beautiful red poinsetta fabric for the back. However, many of my runners have plain muslim on the back and I like that too.

I agree with Pat. I use a coordinating fabric or a fabric for another season to make it multi-purpose.
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
    If it is a holiday theme, I try to make it reversible with another holiday on the back. 2 for the price of 1
    That's what I do, too!!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

BMP
    Blog Entries
    It depends on who I am making it for, myself I either use a very good muslin or a solid Kona that (a color ) matches... If its a gift I will sometimes use a fabric that I used on the front (if I have bought it a good price and depends on the amount I need). Always with all wall hangings I use the good muslin...

I use coordinating fabric for the same reason Patty does : ) and it really does look nicer in my opinion. Since they are usually gifts I like them to be very nice : )
    Amythyst

I use muslin most of the time. Can't see paying big bucks for fabric, which no one will see.

Went to a craft show last night where one lady was selling table runners with Christmas fabric on one side and Thanksgiving fabric on the other. They were flying off her table, everyone wanted them. Ran into a friend of mine who was so excited about the one she bought. Of course, I said to myself, "Oh I can do that myself" but only admired the one my friend had. No need to make more work for myself by letting everyone know I can sew!

That's not cheep. Your watching your $ and putting it to good use for you. I feel the same way about the back. As long as i is done right and neat who is going to see it. You make a table runner place it on the table add flowers/candles all looks pretty. If you have the material then make a different back and you have another runner.

Blog Entries
    I've done both. Using fabric for another holiday or season, saves on storage space.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
    If it is a holiday theme, I try to make it reversible with another holiday on the back. 2 for the price of 1
    That is what I have done, too.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast