Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Tendonitis from Quilt-making?

Blog Entries
    I wear braces which does hinder some work - but they force my hands in the right direction. Medicin to keep the inflammation down, ice, and don't overdo it. It's a repetitive motion issue and it will probably never go away.

"A word of caution: if you use a cane, consider getting a forearm crutch instead. Canes are very hard on the wrists! I wrecked one wrist and was on my way to wrecking the other before someone shoved a forearm crutch into my hands and made me promise to just give it a try for 30 minutes. After three minutes, I was hooked."

I think I need to replace my cane with a forearm crutch not because of a problem with my wrist but my elbow. Elbow doesn't hurt until I use the cane. It's worth a try.

I also wear a "hand-eze" glove. you can find them on ebay by entering HANDEZE in category Crafts. I bought mine at JAF over two decades ago. It is like a girdle for the hand. I also have found that Biofreeze give me relief. I think I got it from doing so much machine quilting on a Bernina 1530....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    "A word of caution: if you use a cane, consider getting a forearm crutch instead. Canes are very hard on the wrists!
    Good point, May. I notice a big difference when I lean on my hands with the wrists bent. Takes longer and longer to recover. (Sad to say it's usually my own stupidity that causes it)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4