Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Thangles Orion Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    What did you think of the pattern in the book? Was it easy to follow, and did the quilt turn out well?

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondmom
    Thanks for posting the link. My Mother-in-Law uses them all the time. I think they are supposed to help with half square triangle accuracy. I've been wanting to make a Hunter's Star quilt, but am afraid of Y-seams. This looked like it may be a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhboxers
    Quote Originally Posted by Great-great granny
    What are 'Thangles' - I opened the link, but couldn't figure out how "Thangles" related to anything on it. Think it's my "ole" timers?????
    http://thangles.com/howtheywork.html

Hope this helps. Have heard of them but never really understood. Now I do. I will have to try them soon.
    I have made a Hunter's Star quilt: used the method in the book "Favorite Traditional Quilts Made Easy" by Jo Parrott. Her method used HST and didn't involve Y seams.
    See for yourself - here is a pic of the quilt in a frame being hand quilted. I think it turned out pretty well. I used the Strip Tube method and ruler from Cozy Quilts for the HST - I love that method and it is quite easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, it is just beautiful! Good job! Thanks for the info on the HST method.

Hello!
    After reading your post, I bouth the Favorite Traditional Quilts Made Easy. I just started reading about her grid method today. Did you use the grid method? What did you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondmom
    Thanks for posting the link. My Mother-in-Law uses them all the time. I think they are supposed to help with half square triangle accuracy. I've been wanting to make a Hunter's Star quilt, but am afraid of Y-seams. This looked like it may be a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhboxers
    Quote Originally Posted by Great-great granny
    What are 'Thangles' - I opened the link, but couldn't figure out how "Thangles" related to anything on it. Think it's my "ole" timers?????
    http://thangles.com/howtheywork.html

Hope this helps. Have heard of them but never really understood. Now I do. I will have to try them soon.
    I have made a Hunter's Star quilt: used the method in the book "Favorite Traditional Quilts Made Easy" by Jo Parrott. Her method used HST and didn't involve Y seams.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all! I learned a lot today! I love that star and with much data I want to try! They gave me the inspiration I needed for a carpet!
    Thank you very much!

I have used Pam Bono's Angler II to have HST's and it's fantastic--and it lasts indefinitely. No Thangles or papers to have to fuss about. It costs about $8 and is available at www.pamsclub.com.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7