Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: THANK YOU from a "Lurker"

THANK YOU from a "Lurker"

I have been lurking on this site for over a year and have posted a few quilting questions as a beginner. Everyone has been so wonderful sharing their knowledge and I am quilte impressed with the wealth of it all. My first project was a hand quilted queen size for our bed. It took me a year, the stitches are NOT tiny, and even on a frame I had knots on the back!!! Undertook some other quilting projects on my domestic machine and finally finished some. Got them posted this morning and I hope you have a chance to look. As a beginner, I have learned so much from just lurking and reading, that I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to all of you for sharing your wisdom.

I agree. This is certainly the place for a beginner to be!! I have been quilting three years, and I can't even think of how many times I posted a question and had an answer (or answers) in minutes....like the time I didn't have a clue if I should wipe the "oil" off of a new rotary blade before I put it in. What a helpful place this is!! Thanks to a suggestion from my sister, I started counting how many quilts I made from day 1, and I marked that number on my calendar. I just finished quilt #52. I know my sister has done hundreds and wishes she knew how many she had made.

I have not yet made a hand quilted quilt, but maybe in the future. I am sure I will have any question I have answered, if I ever attempt such a hard-sounding quilt. For now, I am going to the picture "spot" to look at what you posted.

Dina

I agree this is a wonderful wealth of knowledge!!!!

I have been quilting for many years and still learn new things all the time. This place is the best.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Welcome neighbor, I'm glad there's someone relative close to me.

Welcome, I call this place the "university of quilting place" which I will probably never graduate from...always a student.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayleM View Post
    My first project was a hand quilted queen size for our bed.
    Well that is impressive. I'll go check out your pics next
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    Well that is impressive. I'll go check out your pics next
    I haven't posted any photos of the queen size quilt. I wanted feathers, designed and stitched my own on it but after the quilt was washed, you can't even tell they're feathers! Seems I never learned to start on something small, like placemats. When I learned how to crochet my first project was a BATHROBE. Guess the subconscious plan is to make all my mistakes at once !! LOL. I'll see if I can get my DH to give me a hand with taking some photos of the queen.

Blog Entries
    Welcome; I, too, found this place a wealth of information, encouragement, entertainment, etc. Would not have had the courage to dive into quilting without this wonderful site.
    Mavis