Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you for the Warm Welcome - and the TRAINING! >

Thank you for the Warm Welcome - and the TRAINING!

Thank you for the Warm Welcome - and the TRAINING!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Thumbs up Thank you for the Warm Welcome - and the TRAINING!

I've gotten such a warm welcome over in the "Introduce Yourself" section that I wanted to thank everyone here and mention a little more about why this board has become an important part of my day. I have seen over the past several months that this is a very helpful and knowledgable group. I don't think I've ever seen a single question that went unanswered and there are always so many different suggestions and viewpoints that I have learned something new every day. A few of the things I've learned so far: Use starch, starch and more starch (or at least something comparable), get a June Tailor ruler (or two), use an edge guide or tape stuck on my machine to help with the consistent scant quarter inch seam, don't fret the small stuff, and it's MY quilt and I can do what I want! And that's just the very tip of the iceberg!

And don't get me started on all the FABULOUS pictures in the photo section of the board. WOW, I've got enough ideas that I could retire now and quilt full time and never finish half of them. But I have the feeling that many here have the same "problem".

You all have my sincere appreciation for all the guidance you've (unknowingly) given me for a long time now.

THANK YOU,
Debbie
Old 03-18-2014, 02:01 AM

Welcome, DebD800! And the knowledge on this board is astounding. I am blown away nearly everyday reading a suggestion, finding a quilt pattern, or just general tips and tricks these ladies are willing to share.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:07 AM

I couldn't have said it better, Debbie. I too, am new to the board and often amazed at the helpfulness and knowledge found on QB.
Thank you for saying what I should have said
Old 03-18-2014, 04:38 AM

Debbie - we all started somewhere and someone shared their hints and secrets with us. I agree - this board is an amazing group of quilters willing to help and share.

Welcome - and I look forward to seeing your posts and projects.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:49 AM

I second your letter!! I just joined this board as a new quilter about 6 months ago and feel like I have a new family!! And one that is a lot more friendly and supportive than my real one sometimes!!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:55 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Ive been a member since 2010 and Im STILL learning new tricks !!!

Welcome to the QB... !
Old 03-18-2014, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Debbie D, Cookie 5 and Jeanne S. I would like to take this time to welcome all of you to the board if I didn't do it the first time. I have been here for a while and I still am impressed with all the knowledge and wisdom that is here on the board. Also the willingness to share. I am sure that before too long that we will be getting some of the above from all of you. Happy quilting to you all. BrendaK
Old 03-18-2014, 04:57 AM

Sent you a PM
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 AM

Welcome DebD800. I have to admit that I don't get over to introductions often so I miss welcoming in newcomers. By the time I get through the Main section, the UFO challenge posts and the Vintage section, I've spent quite a bit of time and need to go get quilting. I only get to the other spots.... once in a while. QB is my morning wakeup....my tea at my side getting ready to get the new day up and running.

There are some great quilters on the QB.... and I've found them all to be super helpful..... a great group of ladies and gents that have the same quilting passion and love of vintage sewing machines that I have. And, everyone is so willing to share another great tip, answer another question, or give an opinion on what we are puzzled about.

So, welcome aboard. I, too will be watching for your next finish, cheering you on as you go.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:24 AM

I whole heartedly agree! This is a wonderful board!