Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are there any quilting apps?

Just go to the app store and do a search for quilt apps. I found several. The one I use the most is from Robert Kaufman. It's a quilt calculator type app. There's also one I downloaded that's like the quilt calculator but I haven't yet taken the time to learn how to use it.

Whatever apps work for the iPhone work for the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
    Well, I have an iPhone and there are apps for it to help me locate quilt shops!!! I'm sorry I don't have a clue about the iPad and I'm technologically challenged too!!!
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. I downloaded QuiltCalc, Quilt Shops for iPad, BlockFab-HD, Quilt Tutorials from Missouri Star and QuiltFab.
    Last edited by LoisM; 09-16-2012 at 07:26 PM.

I also have QuiltFab where I can put in the size of the quilt I want, it will figure fabric with shrinkage and how much I need for backing, binding, mitered borders, middle border, outside border, sashing strips (with stripes horizontal or vertical, if I want), setting triangles, side triangles, and corner triangles. QuiltRef and Keepsake Quilting too. Thanks for the info on QuiltCalc and Missouri Star - they are now on my iPhone!!!

I keep my pdf patterns in iBooks. It is easy to read them or print them (just got a wireless printer with AirPrint and it's cool) or send to email to save on a stick from my computer. Or sync to iTunes or iCloud and never worry about losing your patterns. The iPad is a wonderful toy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have the Kindle Fire and the best app ever is the Send to Kindle app. I can send any file from my computer to my Kindle. I can scan a pattern from a book or magazine and have it stored on my Kindle. I have more quilt patterns and tutorials on it then books. So easy to have all the patterns in full color with me when fabric shopping. I love my Kindle Fire for quilting. Of course it's great for reading books too.
    I have looked for Send to Kindle app on my Kindle Fire and cannot find it. Any suggestions? Thanks. This would be great.

I don't have an ipad. I've got the Google Nexus tablet - I'm going to check out what's available for it now! You guys have me curious!

thanks so much for this thread!

I have several: The Victoria and Albert museum has V&A quilts which is a great look at very old quilts
    Quilt Ref has little that I can figure out and Block fab is a fun thing to play with as you get to see what colours would look good with all kinds of patterns.

Oh wow! I just downloaded this app and it's awesome! I love my iPad, too. I call it my iBaby since we are empty nesters and becoming a grandma is in the far future. Thank you for the app tip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast