Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: iPad quilting apps

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gabrielle's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunny AZ
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    1
    My DH just surprised me with an iPad for Christmas and I've been playing with apps all day (this is new to me...don't have an iPhone). Which ones have you used? One is $30 and I wonder if it's worth it as it sounds similar to my EQ6. Another is for recording your stash...could I just do that as a list? I'd like to have an inventory of UFOs and items I need to buy, any suggestions for that? Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,704
    There are quilting apps for the iPad? I did not know that. Darn, I didn't need to know that! LOL!

  3. #3
    bj
    bj is offline
    Super Member bj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,569
    OHNO! I've been trying to convince myself I didn't really want one. I played with my son's one day and I really like it. He tells me you can read books on them, too. My two favorite things together...reading and quilting. I'm doomed!!! :-D :-D

  4. #4
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,891
    soo funny

  5. #5
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,393
    That makes me wonder if there are droid apps for quilting too... I might have to go have a looksee!!

  6. #6
    Member grammyx5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    30
    please let me know what quilting apps you find and like for droid -just received one as a gift for the holidays...

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,300
    I'm used to a PC so don't know what programs you have on your Ipad, but a good spreadsheet would do a great job for what you want to do. Even a simple table in a word procesing document would work but you wouldn't have as many options as you have with a spreadsheet program...I use Excel and think it's great...good luck

  8. #8
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
    My DH just surprised me with an iPad for Christmas and I've been playing with apps all day (this is new to me...don't have an iPhone). Which ones have you used? One is $30 and I wonder if it's worth it as it sounds similar to my EQ6. Another is for recording your stash...could I just do that as a list? I'd like to have an inventory of UFOs and items I need to buy, any suggestions for that? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I got an iPad too for Christmas and have been looking at that ap and wondering

  9. #9
    lilithcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mountain Maryland
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    That makes me wonder if there are droid apps for quilting too... I might have to go have a looksee!!
    I got a Galaxy S (Android) for Christmas and would love to find quilting apps for it! If anyone finds any please share!

    I love my phone :-D

  10. #10
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I have several apps for quilting. The one I use the most is quilt block tool.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Gabrielle's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunny AZ
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    That makes me wonder if there are droid apps for quilting too... I might have to go have a looksee!!
    Yes, there are!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Gabrielle's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunny AZ
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ktbb
    I'm used to a PC so don't know what programs you have on your Ipad, but a good spreadsheet would do a great job for what you want to do. Even a simple table in a word procesing document would work but you wouldn't have as many options as you have with a spreadsheet program...I use Excel and think it's great...good luck
    You're right, and I use Excel for lots of stuff, including a list of all my quilting tools and machine feet, patterns, etc. but I don't think I can get Excel on iPad because it's not Apple. Anyone know how to make this work?

  13. #13
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    There are quilting apps for the iPad? I did not know that. Darn, I didn't need to know that! LOL!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I hear ya!! :D:D

  14. #14
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithcat
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    That makes me wonder if there are droid apps for quilting too... I might have to go have a looksee!!
    I got a Galaxy S (Android) for Christmas and would love to find quilting apps for it! If anyone finds any please share!

    I love my phone :-D
    I don't believe the Apple apps can be run on Android devices. They are a different operating system. The Android market is making new apps all the time so you should be able to find something if you keep searching :-) I had a hard time deciding between the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Apple IPad. I went with the Apple even though I am not a big fan of over hyped Apple products.

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
    You're right, and I use Excel for lots of stuff, including a list of all my quilting tools and machine feet, patterns, etc. but I don't think I can get Excel on iPad because it's not Apple. Anyone know how to make this work?
    I just checked on line and Apple has a spreadsheet program for the Ipad....depending on what you are looking for it to do, you may be better off getting this program for your inventory program than a more specialized program...not sure what is in each piece of software, but a spreadsheet program can do a lot of stuff.

  16. #16
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Well since no who has an iPad has purchased it I just did. Of course I am at work and can't play with it until later but will let you know.

  17. #17
    lilithcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mountain Maryland
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithcat
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    That makes me wonder if there are droid apps for quilting too... I might have to go have a looksee!!
    I got a Galaxy S (Android) for Christmas and would love to find quilting apps for it! If anyone finds any please share!

    I love my phone :-D
    I don't believe the Apple apps can be run on Android devices. They are a different operating system. The Android market is making new apps all the time so you should be able to find something if you keep searching :-) I had a hard time deciding between the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Apple IPad. I went with the Apple even though I am not a big fan of over hyped Apple products.
    You're right Apple apps will not work on an Android. I've only had my phone about a week so I'm still learning what's on the Android market.

    I really have an aversion to Apple products after having to clean up a few computers that were running iTunes. It was the main reason that I went with a 'droid.

  18. #18
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,191
    i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.

  19. #19
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    So I played with the quilters ap on my lunch hour it's fun to use there is only 121 different quilt blocks so I sent an email to the app support asking if blocks from quilters cache could be down loaded

  20. #20
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyers
    i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.
    Is that an iPad app? Or just something you use on the Internet?

  21. #21
    Senior Member MoMoSews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    767
    Good to know. My Ipad for my birthday is in transit as we speak or type :lol:

  22. #22
    Super Member bjchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southern New Jersey USA
    Posts
    1,378
    I have a few quilting aps on my iPad. My favorite is quilting 101. It is a reader for video feeds from Leah Day on FMQ. She usually updates twice a week with a new tutorial video. Very inexpensive and fun to watch. I also use the block one mentioned earlier for inspiration. I have not tried the $30 one but would be interested in knowing about it if someone does decide to get it. The quilting 101 is under iPhone apps.

  23. #23
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by bjchad
    I have a few quilting aps on my iPad. My favorite is quilting 101. It is a reader for video feeds from Leah Day on FMQ. She usually updates twice a week with a new tutorial video. Very inexpensive and fun to watch. I also use the block one mentioned earlier for inspiration. I have not tried the $30 one but would be interested in knowing about it if someone does decide to get it. The quilting 101 is under iPhone apps.
    That's what I purchased earlier today see my above post

  24. #24
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyers
    i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.
    Is that an iPad app? Or just something you use on the Internet?
    I think it's quiltfab. I have that on my ipod touch.

  25. #25
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by gale
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyers
    i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.
    Is that an iPad app? Or just something you use on the Internet?
    I think it's quiltfab. I have that on my ipod touch.
    Great! I will check on it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.