Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there someone near Huntsville, AL to hold a hand?? >

Is there someone near Huntsville, AL to hold a hand??

Is there someone near Huntsville, AL to hold a hand??

Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 AM

I was curious - is there anyone in or near Huntsville, AL who might be able to hold a hand to get someone up and running?

I have a Bailey 15" machine, pcq and a 10' Proflex frame and I can't seem to get started. I am embarrassed to say that I haven't even loaded a quilt on this baby. I'm just hesitant which is funny because I'm not normally a hesitant person but I see it in my room and I'm worried that I can't even load it properly so I haven't touched it and I want to get on the horse and learn to ride... I know. It's crazy. My husband looks at it as a giant money waste right now and I have to get past this fear and prove him wrong.

I know that my machine or set up might be different from what you might have but if I could even get help to learn to square up, load and hit the go button then I should be good to go. I don't personally know anyone in town that has a quilt frame/machine so I can't ask them. In fact, I know very few people in town at all. The local store charges $100+ for a class on longarm techniques and I am not looking to learn to free motion. I have the pcq for doing that fun stuff. I'm just having a hard time getting started and it's driving me nuts...

I don't want someone to drive a long distance to me but if you were in town or close by and comes in to town anyway, I was hoping for a little hand holding and I'd be thrilled to get the kick in the butt that I need.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Pam

I have done the same thing with mine! Too bad we cannot get together. You could work on mine, and I could work on yours!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

It took my over a week to get the nerve to put my frame together and another couple of weeks to work up the courage to load a quilt. I had already sewed a few years on my Juki so that didn't scare me but starting to quilt like that did. I know just what you are saying.