Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt shops in or near Huntsville Alabama

Quilt shops in or near Huntsville Alabama

Are there any quilt shops in or near Huntsville, AL? We are going to visit our daughter and family. Are there any good stores that my hubby should have to stop at on our way? We are in Michigan. Can't wait to see our new granddaughter and her three sisters.
    Sharon

If you go to quilters travel companion home page you can choose your state and see quilt shop locations.

Vat
    There is a really great shop in Franklin , Tenn. It is the Stitchers Garden, it is about a 1/4 of a mile off I65. ALso there is a couple of shops in Huntsville. One is Huntsville Sew & Vac, at 200 Oakwood Ave NE (unit L) , phone is 256-536-3757 and the other is Patches and Stitches , at 603 Humes Ave NE , phone is 256-533-3886. I think they two shops are not very far apart.

There is also a really good place to eat near these shops and it is called PO' Boys, sort of a little Cajun, think you will enjoy. Happy shopping ! ! !

Huntsvillle, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon View Post
    Are there any quilt shops in or near Huntsville, AL? We are going to visit our daughter and family. Are there any good stores that my hubby should have to stop at on our way? We are in Michigan. Can't wait to see our new granddaughter and her three sisters.

If I were going to Huntsville, I would definitely want to visit Martha Pullen's shop. She used to publish Sew BEautiful magazine but I think has discontinued it. anyway, she does a lot of heirloom sewing and has a program on PBS sometimes and shows how to do some of her techniques by machine or by hand. She does some quilting too. You can google to find out about her. Good luck.

Google the name of the city, state and "quilt shops" and Google will tell you where they are. Amazing !
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort