Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there something better? >

Is there something better?

Is there something better?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM

What a fun idea. If just the persons name is on the squares maybe they can be embroidered? Tips for those attending showers, weddings, etc. Write your last name & address on the back of the card or use an address label. It will make it easier to do thank you's.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by mrsswmohermit View Post
I did this for neice's wedding quilt. Used the pigma pens and backed the squares with freezer paper. But I used a Manila file folder, cut a hole the size of the finished blocks, marked the inside with pieces of masking tape the size of unfinished blocks. Slip the block into the folder, close it, hand to guest to sign. They have a visual that they will understand and no over lap to worry about. We used the blocks instead of a guest book, so had two folders going at the same time. Worked pretty slick.
This is the best idea yet! But, cut a window in the top layer of the folder the size of the finished block. Tape a piece of very find sandpaper a little larger than the fabric right under the window. Lay the fabric onto the sandpaper, close the top of the folder and give it to the guest. The sandpaper holds the fabric in place for writing. No freezer paper needed. And the hole in the folder limits the space onto which they can write. I think I would have the fabric at least 1/2 inch larger than needed, then trim it square if it happens to get wonky.
And use Pigma Pens! They aren't that expensive for something that is supposed to last forever.

Last edited by maviskw; 09-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

i use the Zig brand Millenium pigment pen... it has a very fine tip.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:53 AM

I made a wedding quilt with the guests signing at the reception. We used the pigma pens purchased at the LQS. I also used freezer paper on the back for stability and then I placed each one in a very light weight cardboard frame to assure that no one wrote in the seams.