View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 02:36 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by mrsswmohermit View Post
I did this for neice's wedding quilt. Used the pigma pens and backed the squares with freezer paper. But I used a Manila file folder, cut a hole the size of the finished blocks, marked the inside with pieces of masking tape the size of unfinished blocks. Slip the block into the folder, close it, hand to guest to sign. They have a visual that they will understand and no over lap to worry about. We used the blocks instead of a guest book, so had two folders going at the same time. Worked pretty slick.
This is the best idea yet! But, cut a window in the top layer of the folder the size of the finished block. Tape a piece of very find sandpaper a little larger than the fabric right under the window. Lay the fabric onto the sandpaper, close the top of the folder and give it to the guest. The sandpaper holds the fabric in place for writing. No freezer paper needed. And the hole in the folder limits the space onto which they can write. I think I would have the fabric at least 1/2 inch larger than needed, then trim it square if it happens to get wonky.
And use Pigma Pens! They aren't that expensive for something that is supposed to last forever.

Last edited by maviskw; 09-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.