Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For those with a Juki 98/200/2010 - binder foot? >

For those with a Juki 98/200/2010 - binder foot?

For those with a Juki 98/200/2010 - binder foot?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
Ok, let me know when I can start sending quilts for you to bind!
I needed that smile today! Not that I've had a bad day but it's been a busy day. I think it's going to be a good thing. I'm really anxious to get those screws so I can give it a go. Maybe over the weekend if I'm lucky I'll be binding a bunch of stuff that needs to be bound. I've got a small stack started. Binding is my absolute least favorite part...
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I needed that smile today! Not that I've had a bad day but it's been a busy day. I think it's going to be a good thing. I'm really anxious to get those screws so I can give it a go. Maybe over the weekend if I'm lucky I'll be binding a bunch of stuff that needs to be bound. I've got a small stack started. Binding is my absolute least favorite part...
What? I look at your avatar and smile!!

It's my least favorite part too, that's why I wanted to know if it worked for you. I have a machine that part is listed for.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM

I also am interested to see if it works! I have a Juki also. How do you do corners?

Last edited by cheryl222; 11-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM

I have struck out sadly. The feet I ordered do not fit properly. The company I ordered it from has asked me to return it to me - and the screws they sent me don't fit my machine. They claim to have shipped replacements but I never got them. I'll be shipping back the foot and the original screws and if they don't refund me completely, I'll be taking it up with my credit card company.
I have not had the best of luck with the feet. I'm not a happy camper... and it turns out that my hopping foot does not hop. It sits completely flat on the bed of the machine and you can not get even a piece of paper under it. I've been in communication with the dealer I sold it through and he really doesn't seem to believe me. He said he'd have someone from Juki contact me but that hasn't happened yet today... I'm probably going to call the company directly in the morning if I don't hear from them first. I'm not a happy Juki camper right now :'(
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you had trouble. I hope they are able to take care of things for you! I ordered a new sewing machine (long story) and it arrived last week broken and we haven't had any luck getting it replaced. I think We're going to have to ask PayPal to help us out here. I don't know if it makes me feel any better that Juki is just as bad!!!

I have struck out sadly. The feet I ordered do not fit properly. The company I ordered it from has asked me to return it to me - and the screws they sent me don't fit my machine. They claim to have shipped replacements but I never got them. I'll be shipping back the foot and the original screws and if they don't refund me completely, I'll be taking it up with my credit card company.
I have not had the best of luck with the feet. I'm not a happy camper... and it turns out that my hopping foot does not hop. It sits completely flat on the bed of the machine and you can not get even a piece of paper under it. I've been in communication with the dealer I sold it through and he really doesn't seem to believe me. He said he'd have someone from Juki contact me but that hasn't happened yet today... I'm probably going to call the company directly in the morning if I don't hear from them first. I'm not a happy Juki camper right now :'(
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM

So sorry about your binding foot blues, I was so hoping you found one so my problem would also be solved. Regarding your hopping foot, did you try to loosen the pressure on the presser foot using the button on top of the machine head?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM

I am so sorry you are having all this foot problems. I have a good foot doctor where i live. Oh not that kind of feet.HAHA Hope you get relief soon.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 AM

My hopping foot blues should be over pretty soon. A tech from Juki contacted me about the feet issue. He's suppose to be sending me out a replacement foot. I'll try and call him later on today to check up on it.
It turns out that the feet are covered in oil for ship transport from overseas and they changed the company that supplied their oil. Now the oil is drying and turning to glue more or less lol. You can loosen the foot up with a spray of wd40 and tapping it with a hammer... I actually don't have wd40. It's on my shopping list now. He was going to send me one.

He asked for me to send a picture of the binder foot and he was going to see what he could find to work for the binder foot attachment. I think that I could actually alter this foot a little with a dremel tool if my husband or father in law is brave enough. There were two binder feet available - a 604 and a 602. I purchased the 602. I'm not sure what the difference is. I found online that the 604 was to be used with binder attachements 1 1/4" or larger which I was planning on getting. I wonder if I really needed the 602. The company I purchased it from was absolutely no help. It's frustrating to say the least but as soon as I get it all figured out I'm sure that I'll be happy as a clam.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 AM

Welcome to the juki world. I have a juki 98q. I love love love it. it is only straight stitch but I can stipple so fast the girl at my retreat ask "does that machine have a speed limit" I just laugh and say no. lol I bought mine local. you can get some good site that have them. Sewingmachinesplus.com has some good ones. Mine was the last of the 98 q he had so I pain 950.00$ for it.