Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread............ what kind??????????

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    I hand piece and quilt everything except the charity quilts I make. I am making a quilt for a little girl 3 yo, she is my DD BFF niece I don' want to hand quilt it will take too long. I don't want to tie it either so I thought I would try to machine quilt it, however I don't know what kind of thread to use. I tried handquilting thread but that was too thick and I couldn't get the tension correct. What kind of thread should I use to machine quilt??????????? :?: :?: :?:
    thank you

Hi, I use any good quality thread. They do have machine quilting threads. I use Madeira and Aurifil alot. You don't want to put your hand quilting thread in your machine. It has a coating on it. My machine does not like Coats and Clark threads. Good luck and have a great day. Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Hi, I use any good quality thread. They do have machine quilting threads. I use Madeira and Aurifil alot. You don't want to put your hand quilting thread in your machine. It has a coating on it. My machine does not like Coats and Clark threads. Good luck and have a great day. Elaine
    I love the Aurifil. Only thing I use.

I use Aurifil and King Tut by Superior! I love both.