Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie

I have a friend who is looking to buy a Tin Lizzie, but knows nothing about it. I told her I would check with the experts on the Quilting Board to get some info for her. Can anyone help me?
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    Is there a specific reason why she is looking at this brand? Dealer nearby? Cost? Tin Lizzie gets mixed reviews from purchasers. Some love it; some have problems. Here is a link to a thread on the QB about Tin Lizzie:
    tin lizzie 18 problems

I had a Viking 18x8 which is the same as the tin lizzy, ok machine but I had to many problems so sold it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    I had a Viking 18x8 which is the same as the tin lizzy, ok machine but I had to many problems so sold it.
    I also have the Viking. I actually like the machine, tension easy to control, sews a nice stitch, but I'm not thrilled with the frame. It's on the stiff side. Make sure that she gets an opportunity to test the machine before she buys.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    You will probably find a wealth of information and opinions on the Yahoo group.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.