Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TinLizzie encoder question >

TinLizzie encoder question

TinLizzie encoder question

Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 AM

Post TinLizzie encoder question

My second hand TinLizzie has terrible encoders on the carriage. I want to purchase new ones (improved) and was told another manufacturer uses the same style only better built. Any of you know what I am looking for?
Are the controls (on the handles) available thru another manufacturer? The right handle control is sticking.
Been getting requests to do some quilting projects and this thing is manual stitch only at this time.
Thank you in advance
Kim

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-13-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: language
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I have the viking 18x8 and had the same problem with the encoders. I was able to purchase springs which make the encoders ride really well and solved my problems. I do not know if they are available for the ten lizzy but you can contact them and see. Good luck, solving the encoder problem will make your quilting experience much better.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Anyone have the part number for these encoders?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:51 PM

I'll be watching this thread. My encoders won't stay connected so I haven't been using the SLR for the last few years. I do plan on taking my machine in to the nearest dealer for cleaning etc. but they are 125 miles away and the machine weighs a ton ( I can't lift it). I have been using my Lizzie without the SLR and have learned to do without it. It would be nice to have the updates though.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM

I am not able to stitch from side to side with my viking 18x8 and have ordered a new encoder which should come in this week. I would like a description of the springs which you purchased and how they made a difference.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Gay

After buying my TL 18 I had problems with my encoders over a couple of years, causing skipped stitches from the needle staying up or down, though I didnt know why at the time, and no acknowledgement of a problem from the dealer. Then I found there was not enough weight in the encoders, so they barely touched the tracks in places [ lots of places], preventing the regulater from working. I managed to squeeze bits of styrofoam between the encoders and under-carriage to put pressure on them, and havent' had any trouble since. You may have a handy hubby who can figure a better way to weigh them down more. Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Cheers