Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tissue holder "gift"

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    do you have a photo of the pincushion??
    Here is one (also links to some other pincushion and miscellaneous tutorials:

http://mousechirpy-polkadotpineapple...incushion.html

And this one supposedly links to 60 free pincushion patterns (can't vouch for that, as haven't checked them all out)"

http://tipnut.com/22-free-pincushion-patterns/

At this site, the person used the golf tee pattern, but put it on a baby food jar of buttons, cute:

http://blackberrycreek.typepad.com/b...incushion.html

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    someone brought one to our meeting - it was adorable! thanks for suggesting it.

Please remember, Quilters, that if you make something from a pattern on the internet or in a publication, it is copyrighted and requires permission from copyright holder (usually the designer) to sell the finished product.

Blog Entries
    thank you for reminding us of that!

What about the Brillo type pads made from netting?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlp
    many years ago a friend gave me a tissue holder that was sewn together and gathered at the top with a ribbon. it looked like a gift. it held a square box of tissues. i have a quilt show coming up in 2011 and i am on the committee to make some of our marketplace items. i thought this would be kinda cute and unusual. anyone know of the pattern? any other ideas besides the usual coasters, table runners,aprons?
    we just made these for one of my guilds as a table favor..I will find the pattern and let you know where they got...I believe they found it online!

One of the coolest pincushions I have is a "thumbcushion." It's made from a charm square into the shape of a ring to wear on your thumb. It's close to the presser foot so that you don't have to look away from your work to put the pin into it.

Name:  Attachment-149182.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  34.8 KB

The finger pincushion I made-was a soda bottle cap. drill 2 small holes about 1/2" apart. thread a small piece of 1/4" elastic through holes and tie together on inside of cap. make a small cushion with about a 3" dia circle of fabric.stuff and hot glue in cap on top of elastic. I then used felt on the outside side of cap and glued a thin ribbon on top of that to decorate the outside of cap.Really easy and fast. Mary

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I made some of the tissue box covers just before Thanksgiving let me see if I can find the instructions....
    I made several, one for each room and for different holidays

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I found my pattern for the tissue box covers if you would like a copy I can mail one. Just PM me. The site where I got it doesnt have it up any longer....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast