Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is a new day

Over the last two days I spent every spare minute I had working on a quick lap quilt. Last night I sandwiched the quilt and started basting. The best way I can describe what happened is that it was a mess. I knew I had to tear it out and start over with the sandwich making process. I was tired and discouraged. I put it away, had a glass of wine, and got a good night's sleep. This morning I took out the basting and started over. It is now pinned and ready to be machine quilted. It is a new day and I feel much better.

Just wanted to share this with people that understand.

It is a good feeling to get a problem straightened out and the quilt on it's way to being finished. I can never leave a known mistake in my quilt either. You made a good choice to wait until today to finish it, though.

Blog Entries
    It is good to know when to stop for the night! I have tried to "keep going" and usually just make a more dreadful mess! Glad your new day is being productive.

You were smart to stop and go again in the morning. Glad it worked out for you.

Blog Entries
    I've had those days too!

Blog Entries
    I just got stuck laying out the 'jewels' in my Jewel Box quilt that has to be finished in a week, so I feel for you. I think I've decided on a layout now, so I'm off to get at it, too.

Sometimes you just have to walk away.

Sometime you have to walk away from a project when things aren't going right. When I have to rip out stitching twice, since I repeated the error a second time, I know it is time to shut off the machine and walk out of the sewing room. I get frustrated sometimes doing PP and need to put it away for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DebQuilter50
    Over the last two days I spent every spare minute I had working on a quick lap quilt. Last night I sandwiched the quilt and started basting. The best way I can describe what happened is that it was a mess. I knew I had to tear it out and start over with the sandwich making process. I was tired and discouraged. I put it away, had a glass of wine, and got a good night's sleep. This morning I took out the basting and started over. It is now pinned and ready to be machine quilted. It is a new day and I feel much better.

Just wanted to share this with people that understand.
    I find it always helps when I "wine"...LOL

A glass of wine is always such a relaxer...keep it close by!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast