Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it too early for New Year's Resolutions? >

Is it too early for New Year's Resolutions?

Is it too early for New Year's Resolutions?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Is it too early for New Year's Resolutions?

It might be a little early. BUt, I've been thinking about things that I need to do better this coming year. #1 is to finish all of my UFO projects that I have got piled up in all over the place.
#2. is to get organized
#3. I'd like to make a sampler showing all of the different pantographs that I have on hand so that I can show exactly what it looks like to a prospective client. (oh that sounds so official for someone who does this in her spare time)
#4.I want to stay more "in touch" with my fellow quilters because I really do care what is going on with them on a personal basis!
#5.I want to CREATE the best darn quilt for this year's Miller Bowie Quilt Show!!!
#6. I want to do more quilting for myself!!!
I'm curious as to what the rest of you want the New Year to be for you!! Please share your feelings and comments here!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Clean up after each project is completed. I don't usually have more than 1 or 2 projects going at a time, but when one is completed, I just dive into the next one. I sew in my dining room so when I clean up for an event, it's like an archeological dig, with different layers of fabric from prior projects. After each project, I want to put all the tools, pattern and templates away, cut up the scraps (going to try Bonnie Hunter's method), and put away any yardage.
Oh, and in January, I'm going to make some Christmas items FOR ME!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:35 AM

Organization is number 1. What is so funny I started yesterday cleaning in the living room where you can't see it. Of course, so everybody can tell that I did this, I moved all the furniture around. This morning I did my kitchen. It took 6 hours, but of course I had to be on the Quiltboard for a rest period. When my DH gets home, he won't be able to find a thing. When I do get everything the way I want it, then I will start finishing my quilt projects. LOL
Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 AM

My New Years resolution is not to make any lol I always break them
Old 12-21-2013, 02:08 PM

My quilting resolutions are to.
1. Quilt all my tops
2. List all my patterns, magazines & books (I keep buying doubles).
3. Watch all the Quilty classes & The Quilt Show I purchased.
4. I read this site every day, I would like to share more of my thoughts too.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:14 PM

I want learn to FMQ better. I need to organize my stash better so I know what I have. I have always said this nest one and it never seems to happen. Make xmas items in the summer. Fall things after Easter. Easter things after xmas. It seems odd to be making Easter stuff in January. I go away in the summer and I need to make kits to take along all cut out and matching thread and anything else it takes so I don't have to take my whole sewing room to my small summer trailer. Good luck everyone with all are good intentions.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 PM

I am not going to take up smoking. That is my resolution every year. And I have kept it for my whole life.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:03 PM
RST

I'm going to keep on having fun. And I try something new every quilt-- even if it's just a different way of stitching the binding or a new thread.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
I am not going to take up smoking. That is my resolution every year. And I have kept it for my whole life.
I like this one & think I'll 'adopt' it, too. Since I am not a smoker either it would be an easy one to keep!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:39 AM

I decide d last night on new year resolution ....ohhhh I forgot what it was this morning. Oh well I must have been keeping it or it is unimportant.
I never really make them just on that day I just resolve to do a job when it needs doing.
I will finish the cushion I am making NOW.
GOOD BYE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR ALL.