Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting related New Year's resolutions.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    What's yours? Mine is to use my stash for quilts and not buy any new fabric except backing.

Can't do that one. I have to buy fabric. It is something that I can not live without!! My hope is to finish at least as many UFO's as I start new quilts. I also want to learn (by practicing maybe on my UFO's) how to free motion quilt better.

Mine is to actually get some quilts finished that are now UFOs :wink:

Banned
    mine is to sort, sort, sort, sew, sew, sew

Mine would be to finished things I start and not get bored with them. Maybe set up my new sewing room.

I hope to get my sewing room organized so I can work on my projects with ease. Right now the room looks like a tornado passed through.

I'm trying...I'm trying...
    to get my major UFOs done....
    I cleaned out my scrap box, cuz I couldn't leave that lying around and sent it to a good use. And I cleaned out my stash from fabric I would know I would never use....
    I got my two little coasters done, cuz those were lying around...
    I have only two quilts to quilt and bind...
    One to finish the rows and put together...
    Im working...oh so hard, trying to start the new year fresh cuz I have lots of projects lined up....
    I'm trying!!!!
    K

I am trying to get my new sewing room finished before Christmas.

For the first of the year I want to make a ton of quilts for OQC to send to the troops.

And biggest priority is to take my online store live. woohoo can't wait.

Linda

**I want to get my room organized first
    **then finish up what I've started
    **get 2 bed quilts started and finished (especially mine :shock: )
    **take a class in applique
    **And somewhere in there save some money for a new machine :D :D

I could never give up fabric shopping, so I don't even try!!
    Hey, these resolutions are way better than "eat less, exercise more" kind :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Try to get ALL my UFOs done befor 2010.

Finish the mess I made this week end- I'm getting my own sewing room! Company's coming so I have to pack up my stuff from the guest room so I'm taking over my son's room! Turning daughter's room into a storage room and then I will have room to set up my frame.

Company comes the 20th so I better get cracking! Wish I had time to paint, but the walls are a pretty blue/green oceany color so they are fine. Will change the curtains to something light and airy. Should have something in the linen closet I can reuse. No more boy stuff and denim curtains!

Yippee Skippee!

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Miy resolution is to make one quilt top per month. I have the ideas and fabric for each month. Only one absolutely has to be finished and that is my grandsons graduation quilt for May. The rest are just "hopefuls". LOL!
    Are you doing themes for the months? Show us some pics of patterns and fabrics, please!

I'm also hoping to get my sewing room set up as soon as the family room is done. Shooting for the week before Christmas!

Get my own quilt quilted, that I started 2 years ago. Was practicing free motion and think I'm ready:-)
    Sooooooo busy doing sewing and alterations and quilts for others, I don't finish anything for me.
    Also like many of you, finish more UFO's using what I have on hand as much as possible. I don't think I'll ever run out of projects or fabric.

well, I stopped making myself promises or setting deadlines a long time ago...and it has helped take the pressure off.
    my personal mantra for 2009 is: making the most of my time in 2009.
    I put things like that in frames and put where i can see while in there and it really helps me remember all my litte self pep-talks.

beachlady, I could hug you for saying you get bored with projects sometimes. usually for me it starts with getting into a difficult part or not knowing exactly how i am going to proceed, so instead of switching to another project, sometimes i come to a halt! but, to be fair to me, i have some beautiful grandbabies and a husband that take up a lot of my time and i have to spread myself around...plus I am notorious for working on a quilt and then cutting out an outfit or something for one of the kids.

oh, and stop buying fabric...lol, what you want me not to breathe??! LOL, i have slowed it down, but that's like taking a kid in a candy store and saying...we are not here to get anything...just drool and leave...i do budget now, so sometimes I just spend a few dollars and try not to look at the fabrics much. I probably look pretty funny, dragging myself out of there, lol! my 'good' quilter and my 'naughty' quilter...they compete! i love all the answers, hope to read many more. C

Blog Entries
    Next time I get bored with a project, maybe I'll tuck it away for a while. I always stick with it until finished so I have no UFOs to finish.

Next year I want to take a quilting course. It's something I've never done and I would love to try one. I'll let you know when I've met this resolution.