Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting related New Year's resolutions. >

Quilting related New Year's resolutions.

Quilting related New Year's resolutions.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 AM

Finish the mess I made this week end- I'm getting my own sewing room! Company's coming so I have to pack up my stuff from the guest room so I'm taking over my son's room! Turning daughter's room into a storage room and then I will have room to set up my frame.

Company comes the 20th so I better get cracking! Wish I had time to paint, but the walls are a pretty blue/green oceany color so they are fine. Will change the curtains to something light and airy. Should have something in the linen closet I can reuse. No more boy stuff and denim curtains!

Yippee Skippee!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Miy resolution is to make one quilt top per month. I have the ideas and fabric for each month. Only one absolutely has to be finished and that is my grandsons graduation quilt for May. The rest are just "hopefuls". LOL!
Are you doing themes for the months? Show us some pics of patterns and fabrics, please!

I'm also hoping to get my sewing room set up as soon as the family room is done. Shooting for the week before Christmas!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Get my own quilt quilted, that I started 2 years ago. Was practicing free motion and think I'm ready:-)
Sooooooo busy doing sewing and alterations and quilts for others, I don't finish anything for me.
Also like many of you, finish more UFO's using what I have on hand as much as possible. I don't think I'll ever run out of projects or fabric.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

well, I stopped making myself promises or setting deadlines a long time ago...and it has helped take the pressure off.
my personal mantra for 2009 is: making the most of my time in 2009.
I put things like that in frames and put where i can see while in there and it really helps me remember all my litte self pep-talks.

beachlady, I could hug you for saying you get bored with projects sometimes. usually for me it starts with getting into a difficult part or not knowing exactly how i am going to proceed, so instead of switching to another project, sometimes i come to a halt! but, to be fair to me, i have some beautiful grandbabies and a husband that take up a lot of my time and i have to spread myself around...plus I am notorious for working on a quilt and then cutting out an outfit or something for one of the kids.

oh, and stop buying fabric...lol, what you want me not to breathe??! LOL, i have slowed it down, but that's like taking a kid in a candy store and saying...we are not here to get anything...just drool and leave...i do budget now, so sometimes I just spend a few dollars and try not to look at the fabrics much. I probably look pretty funny, dragging myself out of there, lol! my 'good' quilter and my 'naughty' quilter...they compete! i love all the answers, hope to read many more. C
Old 12-12-2008, 07:19 PM

Next time I get bored with a project, maybe I'll tuck it away for a while. I always stick with it until finished so I have no UFOs to finish.

Next year I want to take a quilting course. It's something I've never done and I would love to try one. I'll let you know when I've met this resolution.