View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

well, I stopped making myself promises or setting deadlines a long time ago...and it has helped take the pressure off.
my personal mantra for 2009 is: making the most of my time in 2009.
I put things like that in frames and put where i can see while in there and it really helps me remember all my litte self pep-talks.

beachlady, I could hug you for saying you get bored with projects sometimes. usually for me it starts with getting into a difficult part or not knowing exactly how i am going to proceed, so instead of switching to another project, sometimes i come to a halt! but, to be fair to me, i have some beautiful grandbabies and a husband that take up a lot of my time and i have to spread myself around...plus I am notorious for working on a quilt and then cutting out an outfit or something for one of the kids.

oh, and stop buying fabric...lol, what you want me not to breathe??! LOL, i have slowed it down, but that's like taking a kid in a candy store and saying...we are not here to get anything...just drool and leave...i do budget now, so sometimes I just spend a few dollars and try not to look at the fabrics much. I probably look pretty funny, dragging myself out of there, lol! my 'good' quilter and my 'naughty' quilter...they compete! i love all the answers, hope to read many more. C