Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasures found at thrift store...

Post Treasures found at thrift store...

I went by local thrift store (haven't been in a very long time). I go look for sheets, pillowcases, material. Well, I found a cute pillowcase $.49 (in green swirl), a panel for a frog $.99 (I will cut out pieces for little 1/2 squares, whatever I can salvage, greens, reds, blacks, red plaid), 1 yd of yellow $.69 & best find yet--- a 3- tiered skirt of valentine theme, bet there's 2 or 3 yrds there $.99.... They have reasonable prices. money goes to Association of Retarded Citizens...
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~
    ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Love it when we're able to find such bargins.
    Also love it when we're able to take someone's throw-aways and make something of them.

Power Poster
    ​I love a good thrift store day! Congratulations!

Great finds!

You did well! Thrift stores here have gotten so popular that the pricing is not so thrifty anymore.

Thrift stores around here don't have fabrics. Not stuff in very good condition. I have so much fabrics, I really don't need to buy more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I get real excited and happy when I find a deal like this. Have fun and show us a picture.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    I agree with many of the thifrt store prices...they are going up and I find many items more expensive than a brand new item in the store. I miss the days when thifting was not popular...the prices were so much cheaper.

pickins are slim and prices ridiculous at many thrift stores in my area. (Some things less expensive at wal-mart) congrats on the find

I go on days when the clothes are 1/2 off. Skirts have plenty of fabric in them. For speciality prints check out uniform tops. Large sizes yield more than enough to add to a scrappy quilt. Want plaids Mens shirts. Denim, I just got a few extra large jeans for 1.50. I take the fabric and give the zippers to my massage therapist . She makes the zipper bracelets. I don't see a lot of fabric anymore in thrift stores. Matteress covers not often but when I find them they are good for the filler in crate pads for dogs. I haven't bought sheets yet since most are not cotton but if I find any with the tag "organic cotton" I will grab them. They won't go into any fancy quilts I make but for dogs blankets and couch quilts they are just fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast