Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 04-19-2014, 08:56 AM

How about yellow for the next colour. Is mum going to colour co ordinate the babies if she is which colours. .?
A centre animal or picture with the same pattern block borders in their colour with a colour going through all ie turquoise .
Brave woman.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:40 PM

My first thought was for Sunbonnet Sue in the middle for each in different color but that is just because my favorite quilt was one my GGma started for my mom and finished just before I was born. My next thought was why not buy an individual stuffed animal for each child and make a center medallion to match the stuffed animal. I have a friend that used a doll purchased for her daughter in pictures taken with her at all of the milestones birth to graduation. So my suggestion is to make each quilt with a medallion center matching a stuffed animal that is different. Enjoy those babies. Then take pictures with baby on the quilt with their stuffed animal and watch them grow through the years.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

I would use the same set of fabrics and make three different, simple patterns.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 AM

Congratulations! I'd go with one pattern/different colors.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:53 AM

Many Many Years ago our Great Grandmother made myself, my sister & our cousin each a quilt of the same pattern and what made them different is she used a different backing on each one. Good luck with the new babies & God Bless your daughter & her husband.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:29 AM

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccal...t_Pattern?bc=c

check out this link to Mccalls quilt pattern I thought of your post the minute I saw this quilt they could all three be alike in colors just use the colors different in the borders Have fun with it and those baby girls when they arrive good luck
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 PM

Congratulations!!!! Please post pic of the 3 girls and your quilts when done!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:49 PM

This modern pattern by Oh! Fransson! is called New Waves: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...ave-quilt.html. I made it for one of my niece's twins when they were born two years ago. The other quilt was a simple Stacked Coins. Both quilts had the same solid light gray for the sashing and blue, pink, orange, lime, and yellow prints by Amy Butler and Michael Miller.

I ordered Darlene Zimmerman's "Fat Cat" ruler by EZ quilting for cutting the shapes for the New Waves after reading comments. I added another set of shapes to each column and made two extra columns to make the quilt larger. I loved making it and want to make it again.

I did a Google image search and found lots of ideas for colors.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Oh!F...iw=766&bih=442
Old 08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

We went with this idea and DD 17 is helping. We have a different Sun Bonnet Sue in the center of each quilt top, scrappy squares all around, different colored borders, yellow, pink and green and matching colored backs for each quilt. So there is a different color theme but same pattern for each quilt. This will make it easier for the parents to grab the right quilt for each baby.

Thank you all for your help, ideas and links. I will be using all those ideas you posted. After seeing my grand daughters in NICU, neonatal intensive care unit, and talking to my daughter I have decided to make many more quilts to donate to NICU were the triplet girls are and all the ideas and link will be a great start for that.

In the mean time the triplets were born and are in NICU because they are premature. They are doing well as is my daughter.

Originally Posted by Auntie V View Post
My first thought was for Sunbonnet Sue in the middle for each in different color but that is just because my favorite quilt was one my GGma started for my mom and finished just before I was born. My next thought was why not buy an individual stuffed animal for each child and make a center medallion to match the stuffed animal. I have a friend that used a doll purchased for her daughter in pictures taken with her at all of the milestones birth to graduation. So my suggestion is to make each quilt with a medallion center matching a stuffed animal that is different. Enjoy those babies. Then take pictures with baby on the quilt with their stuffed animal and watch them grow through the years.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Turquoise sure is pretty. Do you think I should use all three colors in all three quilts and then just more of each one of the colors in each quilt? So one predominantly turquoise, one predominantly pink and one predominantly purple but still use a little of all three colors in each quilts? Should I use the same or very similar patterns or an unique pattern for each quilt? Thanks for your input and warm wishes!

I think that is great plan. should save on buying fabric, too. Use the same pattern