Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Question Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

One of my DDs is having triplet girls this summer. I want to make an unique quilt for each baby and at the same time tie it together to show they are triplets. I am leaning towards using different colors but besides the obvious purple and pink what other color would I use. Maybe I should use the same or similar colors but the same pattern?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:25 PM

What about turquiose? Could work with the purple and pink! Triplets will be lots of fun (and lots of work I'm guessing!) Have fun and I hope things are going well for the mom-to-be!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Turquoise sure is pretty. Do you think I should use all three colors in all three quilts and then just more of each one of the colors in each quilt? So one predominantly turquoise, one predominantly pink and one predominantly purple but still use a little of all three colors in each quilts? Should I use the same or very similar patterns or an unique pattern for each quilt? Thanks for your input and warm wishes!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM

I just got some Riley Blake fat quarters. They're florals and dots, one set in turquoises, one set in raspberries, and one set in a golden yellow color. They go well with white, gray and black. It would be cute to do each quilt in one of the colorways.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:47 PM

I would use the same pattern and different colors for each quilt, you could use purple and pink and yellow, you could even use a pretty light blue, blue isn't just for boys if the pattern is more girly. add some lace on the edges and blue with lace would say girl..good luck and congrats to you and your DD
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Awhile back someone posted this pattern I thought it was so cute and cleaver I made it I love how differnt all three quilts are yet all the same it was fun to do too. If its not big enough you could add a second row of borders mixing up the fabrics even more so.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns_d...er/patt230.pdf
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

I will need to look through Riley Blake fabrics. I think DD would like modern colors. what you are describing sounds perfect. could you post pictures of the FQs?

The babies will be born by c-section and will need to stay in the hospital till the normal due date. I am thinking of making an additional tiny 12 inch quilt similar to their regular quilts for each to have in the hospital. Later they could use the tiny quilts as a little drag alongs or snuggle fabric.

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
I just got some Riley Blake fat quarters. They're florals and dots, one set in turquoises, one set in raspberries, and one set in a golden yellow color. They go well with white, gray and black. It would be cute to do each quilt in one of the colorways.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:53 PM

I agree, make all three the same pattern and different colors for each. Colors to consider: pink, lavender or purple, teal, turquoise, yellow, lime green and apricot/mango. Three babies at once...I can't imagine!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I would use the same pattern and different colors for each quilt, you could use purple and pink and yellow, you could even use a pretty light blue, blue isn't just for boys if the pattern is more girly. add some lace on the edges and blue with lace would say girl..good luck and congrats to you and your DD
One of my younger DDs also brought up yellow. I know they also love green. You are so right on the blue. DD, mom of trips, likes more modern so I think it is OK to not stay with traditional only. I am just not always the best to think outside of the box.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Awhile back someone posted this pattern I thought it was so cute and cleaver I made it I love how differnt all three quilts are yet all the same it was fun to do too. If its not big enough you could add a second row of borders mixing up the fabrics even more so.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns_d...er/patt230.pdf
Even though I will probably make some blocks in the center part I really like how the borders alternate in colors and yet there is a similarity to all of the quilts.