Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trouble w/ Bernina 830. Help please! >

Trouble w/ Bernina 830. Help please!

Trouble w/ Bernina 830. Help please!

Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I took it back today to the dealer. I took my embroidery module and hoop and sat down and showed him the problem. He said it was bobbin empty sensor. It showed a full bobbin and then an empty bobbin. He took a video of it. When I go to pick it up in a couple of weeks, I will sit and check everything before I leave the store. If the problem is not corrected, the dealer said they will send it to Chicago.

Quilted sunshine, i never thought to shut off the thread sensor. That would have made me happier!! I heard you can do that if you are stitching without thread on foundation paper. I'll remember that now and ask the dealer how to do that.

For those who recommended different thread and a new bobbin, I did different and good thread (Robinson Anton and Magnifico from Superior thread), a new needle and new bobbin. Nothing worked. Did not know that about the bobbin, however, so appreciate that info.

If this gets resolved, I'll be happy. I have been enjoying quilting on it.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM

When you go to pick it up make sure you test before you leave the store (ask me how I know)! Take fabric, stabilzer thread (even if it is just one color) and then set it up there pull in a design and let it stitch out. I would do one with color changes just to try everything. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece but stitch the whole thing out - all you have wasted is some fabric and thread, much better than gas and picking that monster up and down again to take it back. You want it right and do it now while it is still under warranty. If they have to send it to Chicago so be it - they actually did that with my 180 not long after I got it and it was well worth the wait!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
When you go to pick it up make sure you test before you leave the store (ask me how I know)! Take fabric, stabilzer thread (even if it is just one color) and then set it up there pull in a design and let it stitch out. I would do one with color changes just to try everything. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece but stitch the whole thing out - all you have wasted is some fabric and thread, much better than gas and picking that monster up and down again to take it back. You want it right and do it now while it is still under warranty. If they have to send it to Chicago so be it - they actually did that with my 180 not long after I got it and it was well worth the wait!
i definitely plan to do that. They have my module but did not want my hoop or thread. I will do that. I plan to also take a quilt sandwich since that has been working well and I want to make sure it continues. Thanks for your input. I did not know that they should have sent it back to Chicago until I was told this last year at a quilt show by a Bernina educator. I just could not deal with it then. Now I want it right.