Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it true? >

Is it true?

Is it true?

Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM

I bought a Nolting Fun Quilter 17" with Intelistitch regulator and a 10' frame, bobbin winder, zipper set for $7,600 plus sales tax for your state. Mr. Nolting and Mr. Gammill were partners at one time and parted ways, Nolting is the lesser known of the two. I absolutely love my Nolting. I have done a quilted a large queen sized quilt and had no problem at all. The zippers will take a 103" backing. I very happy that I got the Nolting, my dealer was a dream to work with.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Is it true that a long arm machine and table cost about the same price as a car today?
yes it is true! I checked the price of many machines and frames befor I purchased mine.It truly depends on how many bells and whisels you want.I got my whole set up for less than 3500.(hope i can do that on this board)
Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM

You can purchase one the cost of a car or a house but there are those out there that are not as expensive.. My hubby bought me a Ken Quilter-used and it was sold because a repair dealer did not repair it correctly and talked the owner into purchasing a brand new one his brand he was selling. My hubby looked at it and changed the roller around and it has been working great ever since. It all depends on where you look. Ken quilter was and may still be made from sliding glass door frame and parts come from the hardware store not a dealer. But you still find the dealer of Ken quilter willing to work with you if you want to purchase a new one or a used one and these are made in the U.S.A. But I would not have a computer on it unless I wanted to go into a professional business. For me its just for fun in making quilts for my family and friends and a few giveaways.