Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: True love's knot

Finished the top tonight. Was such a nice project, but the quilting will have to wait as I've two others under the thimble at the moment. I combined the best of what I saw, the two-tone and the double sash. Hope you like it. I don't like the picture and will take another tomorrow when I get 'round to it; it's really quite handsome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Izy
    Just perfect!! Can you post close up pictures, I enjoy seeing more detail!!

It is awesome... I love it...

I like it, I remember the block, it makes an excellent wall hanging :D

Striking! Love the colors.

ooh I love it!!!! I printed off the pattern for that one last week. I have to sit down and figure out yardage amount for a full size quilt now.

It is wonderful. Love your colors!

Stunning! That pattern is so striking.

Wowzers Steve!!! I love it, the colors are great! :) Good job! :)

I will take a close up as well today Izy, though Iíve not quilted it yet and the only thing more you might see is the pattern in the fabric. It is graphically a really strong quilt, and for my house rather large to go hanging (I found myself using the words Ďhonkiní bigí to describe the block size). Measuring 53 x 53 (without binding!), it really got big fast for something thatís only four blocks.

It takes about a yard and a half of each color (for the four blocks) Aggi, with careful cutting and depending on if you want the double sash and two colors vs. four. Some of the longer strips can come out of the same length as the shorter, so look at them first when cutting.

Glad you liked it ladies; did you all notice I used orange this time?

I noticed the orange, very striking with your other colors.

Steve, Great quilt. I did a couple of table runners last year in a pattern very similiar to this. It looked easy, but it really wasn't. I finally tweaked them to make it easier and they were the first things to sell of my table at the festival I took them to. Yours is great! :D

Very nice job! Lovin' the colors!!!

M

What a striking quilt, Steve! Your piecework is so precise!

(bowing low) Wowser! That is awesome Steve :thumbup: The orange is just right for that border too, excellent color choices. :D Thanks for sharing with us!

Triciasquilts, Iím very curious what you did to make the pattern easier? Despite what Lucky Patsy's "Mom" says about the precise piecing, it was a bit hard getting them all sashed correctly. The blocks were so large that finishing it, and getting all the seams to line up, was a bugger. In the end I did a pretty good job, though honestly I think an experienced quilter would have done much better work of it than I did. Itís off about 1/16th in the middle, but with the interlocking you canít really tell. I thought the woven lines more important than the seam. Once itís quilted, that minor flaw should fade from sight.

Iíve decided to outline quilt instead of ditch so that each piece puffs out and the weave shows; though truthfully Iím unsure about my thinking on this.

bj
    Steve, that is just beautiful. Once again, you've shown what a master you are becoming! Have you given thought to entering a quilt show? You'd win something!!

You flatter me. My piecing is still not up to par (heck my pressing still needs work), and the quilting, though catching up is still progressing to the level I want. I think I'll eventually a show but that's still a few years off.

I had a thought: if I outline, but only the weave itself rather than each and every line, the design itself would be enhanced (it'll look more like it's actually a woven piece). Does that sound like plausible solution?

You were saying what about having just part of the talent of another quilter on another thread? That is awesome!!!! So crisp and precise!! Fantastic colors!! Truely, truely impressive!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's very cool. Looks like an engineer did it. :wink: I think it should go to your wife--for the name, or the engineer's convention--for the design.

You sure do good work. :!:

Great block & your arrangement made for a very cool quilt. Love the colors too, expecially the orange! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Steve, I love it. The colors are great!!!

Steve, what a pretty quilt! It's such a striking pattern and great colors too!

I like your ideas for quilting it! I think it would make it look more like a weave. Go for it!

And don't wait a few years to enter a show! You'd be denying tons of people the chance to see your beautiful quilt!

I entered the first quilt I ever made in a show and won second place! In a field of two!! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous! I love the orange!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast