Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
True love's knot >

True love's knot

True love's knot

Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Great block & your arrangement made for a very cool quilt. Love the colors too, expecially the orange! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Steve, I love it. The colors are great!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 PM

Steve, what a pretty quilt! It's such a striking pattern and great colors too!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 PM

I like your ideas for quilting it! I think it would make it look more like a weave. Go for it!

And don't wait a few years to enter a show! You'd be denying tons of people the chance to see your beautiful quilt!

I entered the first quilt I ever made in a show and won second place! In a field of two!! LOL!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:11 AM

Gorgeous! I love the orange!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Thanks again ladies. I wish I was 100 % satisfied with the piecing; as is, it is acceptable to my mind. Yeah, I know you all think I have color sense, but honest it’s just eyeing bolt against bolt and seeing what tickles the eye and then thinking about the scheme on the pattern. Tonight, for instance, I’m dwelling on what such a rich brown against a cream white would have looked like, and then again, what orange, or for that matter any other color, would have done; do you all have the same fascination with hues and what they do to a pattern?

I’m pleased with this, but honestly would have liked to see what a master quilter could have done with the piecing. Yeah, I could dwell on what I liked about it, but I always see room for improvement in my own work and seldom am completely at ease with anything. Maybe I should repeat the pattern or at least the technique till satisfied. If nothing else it will give me a chance at the cream white I was thinking about (with possibly a robins egg blue frame?).

Here are the pics I promised of the quilt up close as well as another that a friend at work was kind enough to snap for me (see, not so exact as all that):
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51922.jpe   attachment-51929.jpe   attachment-51931.jpe  
Old 03-01-2008, 02:30 AM

Your quilt is looking real awesome and inspirational Steve. It's funny, i've seen lover's knot done a dif way when i have googled it, and wanted to show you an online photo i found, do you think it is the same pattern, just placed differently? Or maybe another patter? Anyways, thought you'd enjoy seeing this version
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51976.jpe  
Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 AM

Steve,
I was just going to say, way to go! Nice job! and all that but I think a little lecture is in line here!
Your quilt is lovely and you've come a long way from where you started. You are not, I repeat, NOT, to go around pointing out the minor errors on your quilt. Really! No one is going to notice them at all. I had no idea your center seam was a tad off! It just doesn't show up in the overall picture. Just smile and say, "Thank you!"

I subscribe to Eleanor Burns theory. She says to, "Hang it high and keep it moving!"
With each project we learn something new and improve our skills just a wee bit more. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 AM

One of my quilting "mentors" has taught me that a quilter should NEVER point out his/her mistakes! It's hard for me, but I'm working at that - just presenting the quilt without my harsh editorial comment!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM

In my mind, I always hold my father up as the standard. He always does things well (in my mind) because he works hard at it, and anything less isn't something he does. My little brother is in his mid- forties and still goes to therapy over this 'issue'. I guess all three of us boys just idolize our father and set our own expectations way too high. We see the good in our work, but the flaws just nag at us.

Yes, you are right Yvonne, I know in my heart you are. The beauty should trample the insecurity right out of there. If I spent even half the energy working harder as I do grumbling and fretting, improvements would be a given.

Thanks for all the kind words; they really do encourage me to strive harder in a good way.

:roll: