Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tube Piecing...

Ok, I see a lot of posts about tube piecing but am I missing something about it??? Is it fun to do? I'd like to know more about it.
    :)

It is super fun! And fast as can be, go ahead and try it, I've made up two batches of it already.

Blog Entries

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/28714.page

this is the one i posted. the method relies on the top layer being equal in width to the bottom layer. that's all you have to remember. how many strips you have in each layer is entirely up to you. anywhere from 1 to 4 is the norm. the key is to have the center seam run from point to point diagonally. on one side of the seam you can even have the stripes going sideways.

if you search tube piecing, you'll get advice, links and pics. have fun! :-)

Thanks ladies! This is probably going to be the next thing I work on. I'll post pics when I have something. :)

Thanks for the site for tube quilting. Wonderful site. :) :-) :D :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I read in one of the other threads on tube quilting that one of the tutorials is wrong. It says to cut the fabric at 4.25 inches and it should be 4.5 inches. Since I haven't made any of these (YET!) I'm not sure which tutorial it is that is off. I wanted to point it out though so others can be aware of this. From what I understand, if you cut it at 4.25 inches, all the points get chopped off.

Blog Entries
    OMG!!!! so easy! it was love at frist try!!!! 5 cuts and u have a block!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I read in one of the other threads on tube quilting that one of the tutorials is wrong. It says to cut the fabric at 4.25 inches and it should be 4.5 inches. Since I haven't made any of these (YET!) I'm not sure which tutorial it is that is off. I wanted to point it out though so others can be aware of this. From what I understand, if you cut it at 4.25 inches, all the points get chopped off.
    i think that was the one i posted. i may be wrong, but i'll take the rap for it. it doesn't matter. if the 2 layers are the same width they can be any width. 2-4-6-9". doesn't matter. you make each strip out of as many sub-strips as you like, either parallel or perpendicular. you then follow the instructions for the METHOD. that's the important thing. as long as you end up with the center seam line going from from point to point on the diagonal, you've done it right.

edited: the points wouldn't get chopped off. the squares would be a different size. you would just be placing the ruler in a lower position.

Well that's good to know. Thank you. I'm hoping to have some time after everyone leaves after this weekend that I can give this method a try, though I may have to wait a couple more weeks. I really should finish my Christmas gifts first. :oops:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast