Thread: Tube Piecing...
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:20 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I read in one of the other threads on tube quilting that one of the tutorials is wrong. It says to cut the fabric at 4.25 inches and it should be 4.5 inches. Since I haven't made any of these (YET!) I'm not sure which tutorial it is that is off. I wanted to point it out though so others can be aware of this. From what I understand, if you cut it at 4.25 inches, all the points get chopped off.
i think that was the one i posted. i may be wrong, but i'll take the rap for it. it doesn't matter. if the 2 layers are the same width they can be any width. 2-4-6-9". doesn't matter. you make each strip out of as many sub-strips as you like, either parallel or perpendicular. you then follow the instructions for the METHOD. that's the important thing. as long as you end up with the center seam line going from from point to point on the diagonal, you've done it right.

edited: the points wouldn't get chopped off. the squares would be a different size. you would just be placing the ruler in a lower position.