Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tute on Missouri Star pouch >

Tute on Missouri Star pouch

Tute on Missouri Star pouch

Old 01-13-2015, 07:45 PM

Default Tute on Missouri Star pouch

Are there written directions for the Missouri Star pouch on the tube video. It's hard to follow without written directions. Maybe someone could do a tute.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 PM

Oh my, they did have the written transcripts. When I was making the pillow cases I watched the video and read over the transcript for the the measurements. Several of the ones I have looked for had the transcripts, but the most recent ones do not. Wonder why? Maybe it is because the directions are in the new magazine?

Are you looking for something specific?
Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to find it in a future issue of Block.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:44 PM

Look for the tutorial of MSQC website, they usually have instructions there.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Under the video, there are 3 links: "Add to", "Share" and "...More". If you click on the "More..," you can select transcript. Try using the transcript & the Pause button to review the tutorial for a better understanding. This is a really common technique. You might want to do a google search for other tutorials. Here's one with 40:

http://www.polkadotchair.com/2014/06...utorials.html/
Old 01-14-2015, 07:08 AM

I watched this last night and thought it was so stinking cute!!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM

You mean the zipper pouch, right? It's really cute, isn't it! Just for fun I copied the transcript that shows under the video and it would be VERY hard to follow for directions. Parts of it are almost incomprehensible, lots of misspellings, word transpositions, garbled phrases, etc. I'm wondering how they get the transcript...if there is someone who listens to it and transcribes it or if there is a program they use to do it. I called them to ask about transcripts and the woman who answered didn't know much about them. She tried to find them but couldn't. I thought there used to be a written coherent transcript on their web site with the videos but didn't see that either. It would be difficult to transcribe something like that because of the casual way Jenny does them.I used to do medical transcription and that was bad enough when the dr's knew it would be transcribed for the record. Would be possible to construct a tute from it but it would take some time. Maybe someone could do a tute from just watching it but would that be legal? I think it might be just as easy to watch it several times and just take your own notes.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:50 PM

What I used to do is watch the video first, open a blank word document and then watch the video and pause it at key points, taking a screen shot of the portion of interest and then writing my own description beneath it. I would work my way through the video like this. At the end, I had my own transcript.
I haven't seen this video yet, maybe I'll look for it.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:00 AM

I decided I'd wait until the next Block Magazine comes out. I'm sure the written directions will be in there. I found the video quite confusing also which is very unusual. Jenny usually makes everything so simple and clear.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
What I used to do is watch the video first, open a blank word document and then watch the video and pause it at key points, taking a screen shot of the portion of interest and then writing my own description beneath it. I would work my way through the video like this. At the end, I had my own transcript.
I haven't seen this video yet, maybe I'll look for it.
I have done the same thing, GEMRM. I thought I was the only SMART one. HAhaha
I type in my own 'shorthand' and if I want to alter or enlarge the size or chose diff. color combos, I can do that at the very end, too. Then it's personalized.

Happy piecing.