Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Two questions about this quilt . . .

1. would you use the light blue tropical print with the flip-flop blocks (the border fabric is just laying there, not stitched yet)

and

2. if you would use that fabric, does it matter that it's actually a 'shirting' fabric (still 100% cotton, but with the shirting fabrics in the store).

thanks for any help it's a birthday gift for my sister-in-law in late april.

:)

I think it looks great with the fabric, and why not? I've seen every imaginable type of fabric used in quilts. :thumbup:

That looks great as a border. If it's going to be machine quilted, shirting should be fine. Hold a piece of it and the quilting cotton up to the light and you will see the difference in how tightly woven it is in comparison.

thanks steve and moonpi . . .

never knew how to tell the difference! interesting!

That looks like a perfect fit for the border, I've used shirting fabric in my quilts with no trouble at all. Very cute quilt I'll have to try one myself.

Walmart gets shirting in extra wide for a dollar a yard, I use it for quilt backs . Some is cotton some is a blend.........I think that fabric is perfect looks like it was in the same color group

Adorable quilt! I'm glad the fabric you picked will work, because it is so cute! :D :D

The border material looks great with the quilt. I've used shirting material before in quilting with out any problems. I do look at the material's weave up to the light to make sure they are similar also. Very cute!!!

Blog Entries
    Everybody!!! Say it with me now!!! Altogether ... anda 1 anda 2

"WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' RULES!!!!" :lol:

I'll bet it looks great! :P

Oh my gosh! I opened this thread and saw "Flip-flops in Paradise" by Pat Sloan. I made this quilt for my son's girlfriend for Christmas! I loved making it, she loves having it! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will post one. It was so much fun picking out fabrics for the flip-flops. I added a couple extra blocks to make it a little larger. I love the fabric you have for the border, it works perfectly with the theme. :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast