Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ugly Fleece

Blog Entries

Ugly Fleece

Went in Joanns for a couple small things ,including 2yds of fleece for a neighbor. She needed to be home for appliance repair. Anyway, didn't buy it.They had some (a lot) of the ugliest fleece I've ever seen.Horrid colors & patterns...& decided to let her choose.Just glad I didn't need fleece.
    Pat C

I don't sew with fleece a lot, but have always been able to find something at Joanne's when I have needed some....there were some that I never would have bought, but lots that I could have.

I went the other day to get fleece and at first all I could see was the ugly stuff. After looking through the aisles I found lots of different, nice looking fleece.......plain colored, Christmas designs, etc. It isn't all in one place in our store.

The good stuff probably sold last Saturday morning, when it was deeply discounted, and an additional 25% off. I went in for something else, and quickly left. Customers had shopping carts full of fleece, and both the cutting line and check out line were at least an hour long, if not more.

Blog Entries
    I am thinking it was probably pretty picked over after all of their sales
    “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” Sam Levenson

Blog Entries
    Maybe it was the pattern she wanted, that I didn't find. Kind of a tone on tone blue.They had 3 walls of fleece.Didn't look
    at the kids patterns. Just thought all I saw was dreary colors & plain ugly patterns. No big deal.

Have only sewn fleece once, so I'm no judge.BTW...neighbor agreed & didn't buy any.
    once,yrs ago.
    Pat C

Blog Entries
    I don't buy blue unless I absolutely have to, but Hancock Fabrics had a beautiful blue that kind of looked like a tone on tone.
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Can fleece be used for batting -- ??