Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Up to my armpits in fabric... >

Up to my armpits in fabric...

Up to my armpits in fabric...

Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM

and I thought I had fabric wow
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 AM

You sound like me on the fabric fondling !
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 AM

I went to the thrift store. Picked up a bag with about 1.5 yds. Not a problem... BUT.. While I was there I saw a treadle machine with a vertical bobbin. It was in a desk. The wheel was free moving. but noticed that the bobbin might have been missing a part. It was 1/2 off, and would've been $35. I didn't buy it.. WHY.. I wasn't even afraid to work on it, and order what was needed. I have no room for it. I'm in a one bedroom apartment. I'm very sad about it.. I wonder if I should get rid of the big comfy leather chair hanging out in the corner.. Hmmm.. Am I a hoarder? Nope.. I need to be realistic. I have two machines out.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 AM

yummy! mine looks a little like this. love it..I manage to mess it up quite fast so have to keep reminding myself "put it back in order be4 the next project!! I encourage myself by relizing I am doing better with the neatness test
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 PM

well if any of you need to de-clutter i would make the sacrifice, lol, and be more than glad to accept your donations. i am just starting to build my stash and in comparison to some of yours i have nothing. just thought i would mention it.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 AM

I am so glad I'm not alone in this quilting madness! My oldest daughter offers to come over every once in a while to help me organize and I take her up on it gladly. She and her 11 yr. old mentee and coming to my house for sewing(quilting) lessons and I give them free choice of my fabric. Something I learned in trying to control the chaos is ---I cut all my leftovers into instantly useable sizes, 3.5 sq., 6x6, or long strips for string quilts. I teach young children to sew and they love picking thru the colors. I want to be buried with all my pink fabric around me so I have to keep collecting to have enough! Grandme DD