Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Update on YLI Knot problem

Blog Entries
    Not sure if this if the right place for this subject. For those of you who have not been following my YLI problem, I got a spool of thread at the YLI booth at Lancaster Quilt Show. When I sewed with it a knot was discovered at the needle. I wrote them and sent a picture on Friday afternoon. Well, I just got a reply from them apologizing for the problem. She says the knots are usually stopped in their tension discs at the winding phase. These spools of thread are sold at shows as partial spools. (Mine was not one of those.) Anyhow, she is sending me a new spool of thread. I am very pleased with the outcome and her explanation. She says each person in the factory is watching 12 spools of thread wind at a time and occasionally a knot is missed. So it is okay for everyone to go out and buy YLI now, I give you permission. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

How refreshing to actually get a response from a manufacturer - and a good response, informative and helpful. I use YLI silk thread for needle turn applique, and it's a wonderful product. Thank you for this report.

Blog Entries
    thread probably put back by a quilter who changed their mind & put it in the wrong place not knowing! good out come tho!

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Sounds like a great company!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izaquilter
    thread probably put back by a quilter who changed their mind & put it in the wrong place not knowing! good out come tho!
    Well, it was in a bin with all variegated threads of the same kind and certainly looked like a full spool. The lady that helped my was a YLI rep and sure knew her stuff. Anyhow, I am happy and will continue to buy YLI. Yes, I like their silk thread too, have used it for my silk wedding gowns and the silk quilt I made.

Thank you so much for the update with YLI.

Pam M

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I was interested in and waiting for a followup to this post, but admit I'm not surprised by the good outcome. How nice!

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    so glad the outcome was so positive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    I was interested in and waiting for a followup to this post, but admit I'm not surprised by the good outcome. How nice!

Jan in VA
    Me too. I wasn't surprised either. I don't think they want to damage their reputation. An interesting thing about YLI thread is that the cotton is grown in the USA, sent abroad for processing and then brought back to this country for finishing and winding. And all their reps at the show were so knowledgeable about various fabric crafts, not just quilting.