Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Blue Jeans for quilts

Great idea. I'm about to start a memory quilt for my niece who just graduated from high school. Adding jean squares, could be fun. I like the idea that they all were hers, but she's moved so many times that probably won't happen so getting them at goodwill or the like would be good.
    Thanks,
    wfeld1st

Blog Entries
    They make nice rag quilts

All the time, and for years, but I didn't know they fell into the "quilt" category until I came here :) I do all different layouts, and have used everybit of the jeans, even the thick seam thingies - they are good to weave as ragrugs.

I have made several blue jean quilts. They look cute with red bandana

from Illinois but living in Ft. Myers,Florida
    I did one like sunflower 126.Bought all the denim and flanell at the thrift stores.Mens shirts and pants.It was nice and my son loves it--but be carefull and clean your machine regularly.That denim and flanell really clogged mine up!! Lesson learned!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsusie
    I did one like sunflower 126.Bought all the denim and flanell at the thrift stores.Mens shirts and pants.It was nice and my son loves it--but be carefull and clean your machine regularly.That denim and flanell really clogged mine up!! Lesson learned!!
    Took mine to the laundramat to wash it. Too much lint for my washer. I had read that somewhere so I took their advice.

I try to recycle old jeans.My DGD's jeans were too short so I cut the legs off right at the crotch and added 2 ruffles (each a different length) attached to the where the crotch was and it was the such an adorable mini skirt. I also use the legs and pockets to make totes and line with flannel (rag-like) I also use old jeans for the lining of pot holders.

Thank-you. Great ideas. Wfeld1st

Yep I make rag quilts out of them. Everybody I know saves them for me instead of throwing them out.

I've made a few quilts out of jeans. I'm going to try and post one. I have soooooooooo many jeans now that I've asked my friends not to save me any for now, lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast