Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vacation!!! >

Vacation!!!

Vacation!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 05:40 AM

I'm going to have to save this thread for later - I attend a conference in San Diego every couple of years for work, and would love an excuse to get away for a bit and do some shopping!

Have fun on your trip! I've always enjoyed San Deigo when I've visited, what little I've seen of it. It seems like it'd be a great place to live.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:41 AM

Yea!!!---glad to get the list---going to Escondido in August---thanks---been to Quilt In A Day---people are great and very helpful for my first quilt---a king size Log Cabin---never do anything small to start with
Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Howdy y'all 😃

I'll be leaving Friday afternoon to go to San Diego to spend two whole weeks with my BFF! I haven't been to CA in 30 years, and I'll be interested to see just how much my old stomping grounds have changed! Since I haven't been there in so long, and since I wasn't a quilter when I was there, I'd love to know if there are any quilt shops or other quilting related places I should visit. Anybody?? 😀

Donna
I haven't been there is 42 years. I know I would get totally lost now. Just wanted to say - have a safe and blessed trip and say HI to the ocean for me. LOL I do miss that. Don't know of quilt shops tho.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:46 PM

Check the address for Cozy's ... they moved not to long ago to a bigger location ... Country Loft is awesome too. Rosie's has lots of fabric but not much decor ... Fat Quarters is worth the drive and Quilt in a Day too ... Temecula Quilt Company is a fun stop too if you like civil war or minatures ... Have a great trip!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:08 PM

Nothing more to add - but welcome back to CA. Don't forget to take in a Padres game at Petco Park.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by stillvnu View Post
Check the address for Cozy's ... they moved not to long ago to a bigger location ... Country Loft is awesome too. Rosie's has lots of fabric but not much decor ... Fat Quarters is worth the drive and Quilt in a Day too ... Temecula Quilt Company is a fun stop too if you like civil war or minatures ... Have a great trip!

Thats the corect address I double checked before I posted it.

You're right the fat quarter shop is worth the drive, I've not made it too the temecula quilt company yet that needs to go on my list I think I'll check it and hobby lobby out at the same time. I have never been in a hobby loby. However I just saw that there is one opening up in la Mesa this spring. Also I areee with quiltingcandy catch a game at Petco it's a great ball park and a fun team to watch this year.

Last edited by Billi; 04-15-2015 at 06:22 AM. Reason: More stuff