Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: vacation planning for NC

Yippee! I think I've gotten the perfect team in place so this means I can go on vacation!!! So off to Hubert NC to visit my DD & SIL for the week of 4th of July.

So far, she tells me there a quilt shop close by- her friend Emily and she will gladly go with me. Could this be Hancock's- I've heard about them. Then I need to grab a map and see how far Gastonia is- I know there's a good one there.

And then- our quilting buddy- mimisharon is a stone's throw away in Jacksonville- need to take her to lunch (or bring it to her and her better half :) ). She offered to help out Jess when Mike was deployed- couldn't get Jess to take her up on her offer, but I truly appreciated it!

A trip to the beach for a day at Camp LeJuene. So- what is left for me to do? Anyone else in the area? I've already told family they don't need to come with me, I'll venture out alone.

Not planning on taking my machine with me, but will be bringing one of my extras for Jess to have. I pack light so I probably could cut or sew a bit while waiting for everyone to get up.

Don't forget Randy's quilt shop in Greensboro. Nice place. On Lawndale off of Battleground. My DD lives there and I visit that shop each time we are back there. 2415 Lawndale Drive -- 336-545-5558
    www.randysquiltshop.com

Barbm, I don't know where Hubert NC is, or what it is close to. I am in the middle of NC. Mary Jo's is off I 85 south , right before you leave the State in Gastonia. Looked on map for Hubert , but didn't find it . I'm about 45 min south of Greensboro.

Ninnie

Hubert is a short distance from Camp LeJuene and Jacksonville.

i use to live in Jacksonville at the base there,spent time at the base hospital at Camp Lejuene.I love North Carolina,but I was born there

Sounds like you are going to have so much fun. I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there.

The quilters gallery in Gastiona
    http://www.quiltersgallery.net/

Overall Quilter in Indian Trail
    http://www.overallquilter.com/

Quilt Patch Fabrics in Matthews
    http://www.quiltpatchfabrics.com/

Sew Southern Quilt Shoppe in Pineville
    http://www.sewsouthernquiltshoppe.com/

Need any more LOL Also a trip to Latta Plantation in North Charlotte and James K Polk house in Pineville. They have some OLD quilts on disply, ok they might have changed in the 3 years since I lived there.
    Have fun That area is steeped in history. I miss home

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Barbm, I don't know where Hubert NC is, or what it is close to. I am in the middle of NC. Mary Jo's is off I 85 south , right before you leave the State in Gastonia. Looked on map for Hubert , but didn't find it . I'm about 45 min south of Greensboro.
    Ninnie
    If you go anywhere near MaryJo's, barb, it looks like a winner to me! :wink:

Can you swing by and pick me up on your way??? :)

Blog Entries
    There are 3 quilt shops in Jacksonville now. Country Collection on 17 going toward Wilmington (a small white house on right), The Cotton Patch on 17 right past Dunkin Donuts, and All About Quilting on Henderson Drive off 17. They are all nice shops. Also there is Hancock's.
    I live in New Bern and get to Jacksonville every couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyGail
    There are 3 quilt shops in Jacksonville now. Country Collection on 17 going toward Wilmington (a small white house on right), The Cotton Patch on 17 right past Dunkin Donuts, and All About Quilting on Henderson Drive off 17. They are all nice shops. Also there is Hancock's.
    I live in New Bern and get to Jacksonville every couple of weeks.
    well, depending on how far you go into Jacksonville, there is a wonderful place called, The Olde Green Cupboard. Most fabrics are 8-10 dollars a yard, but it's beautiful fabric, lots of it, and quite a few quilts on the wall.
    I don't usually spend that much on yardage, but treated myself a while back, and fabric is yummy! :D

Asheville is at the other end of the state. The town I'm near is 45 min from there and we have two quilt shops. If you get this far, pm me and I can give you the names and directions. I know its probably too far, but thought I'd mention it.

I think the family will feel abandoned! Sounds like I have some mega shopping to do. They are not really beach people (I am) so maybe I'll skip the beach and do an extra day of shopping. Time to stop internet shopping and save for my trip!

When I have multiple stops to make here, I always lay out the stops based on what's on the right side fo the road- that way I don't have to cross traffic. Everything on the right going down and then everything on the right coming back. Everybody laughs at me, but it works.

Terri- come with me, I love to shop for fabric! Hubby likes what I buy and make, but he's not a shopper. DD doesn't impress me that she's anything close to being crafty- her Mom can't see a button and I think she inherited that. So I will probably go it alone.

So I'm up to five shops now. Maybe I will have to stay overnight somewhere, I'll be too tired to drive back. :)

Barb Just stop and pick up Terri on the way to Western NC. There are two big rooms upstairs that I use for sewing--not the Ritz by any means, but big enough for us "girls" to have a slumber party up there and look over our "treasures" after a hard day of shopping! LOL Sounds like your trip will be fun!

Barb,
    You call me when you are ready to look over the quilt shops, we have three here in Jacksonville, one within a couple miles of my house. I'll make sure you have my cell AND my house phone.

Sure wish your dd had called, nothing gives me more pleasure than helping our military and their families. Went last night to Hubert to help move baby stuff and furniture for a Marine and his wife that are expecting a baby. Wife was in labor the whole time we were driving from Jacksonville, to Hubert, back to Tarawa Terrace, then to my home. Got here just in time to put poor Roy to bed. He expects me to 'run' every time the phone rings and someone needs something.

Hugs,
    Sharon

Cool- I have abuddy to shop with! I promise not to wear you out or take you away from Roy too long. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to NC.

If there was only a way to steal my Southern Belle to take back to PA with me and I'd be in heaven. She turns a year old next week and I just love to cuddle with her and read and feed her pizza. (She even says mmmm everytime you give her a bite and laughs, just like I taught her)

They just left to go back Sat. night and it is so quiet without my Hailey. I haven't been able to put her toys and books away yet. They are still on the ottoman, waiting for her. (Or clean the fingerprints off the patio doors- the sun shows them off nicely.)

Sharon- you and I will be in touch- for sure!

Good for you! I hope you have a blast and post plenty of pictures!

Oh Barb, I'm jealous! Sounds you'll be having a fabulous holiday :D Give Sharon an extra hug from me!! :D:D:D