vacation planning for NC

Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyGail
There are 3 quilt shops in Jacksonville now. Country Collection on 17 going toward Wilmington (a small white house on right), The Cotton Patch on 17 right past Dunkin Donuts, and All About Quilting on Henderson Drive off 17. They are all nice shops. Also there is Hancock's.
I live in New Bern and get to Jacksonville every couple of weeks.
well, depending on how far you go into Jacksonville, there is a wonderful place called, The Olde Green Cupboard. Most fabrics are 8-10 dollars a yard, but it's beautiful fabric, lots of it, and quite a few quilts on the wall.
I don't usually spend that much on yardage, but treated myself a while back, and fabric is yummy! :D
Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 PM

Asheville is at the other end of the state. The town I'm near is 45 min from there and we have two quilt shops. If you get this far, pm me and I can give you the names and directions. I know its probably too far, but thought I'd mention it.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM

I think the family will feel abandoned! Sounds like I have some mega shopping to do. They are not really beach people (I am) so maybe I'll skip the beach and do an extra day of shopping. Time to stop internet shopping and save for my trip!

When I have multiple stops to make here, I always lay out the stops based on what's on the right side fo the road- that way I don't have to cross traffic. Everything on the right going down and then everything on the right coming back. Everybody laughs at me, but it works.

Terri- come with me, I love to shop for fabric! Hubby likes what I buy and make, but he's not a shopper. DD doesn't impress me that she's anything close to being crafty- her Mom can't see a button and I think she inherited that. So I will probably go it alone.

So I'm up to five shops now. Maybe I will have to stay overnight somewhere, I'll be too tired to drive back. :)
Old 05-05-2009, 03:32 AM

Barb Just stop and pick up Terri on the way to Western NC. There are two big rooms upstairs that I use for sewing--not the Ritz by any means, but big enough for us "girls" to have a slumber party up there and look over our "treasures" after a hard day of shopping! LOL Sounds like your trip will be fun!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 PM

Barb,
You call me when you are ready to look over the quilt shops, we have three here in Jacksonville, one within a couple miles of my house. I'll make sure you have my cell AND my house phone.

Sure wish your dd had called, nothing gives me more pleasure than helping our military and their families. Went last night to Hubert to help move baby stuff and furniture for a Marine and his wife that are expecting a baby. Wife was in labor the whole time we were driving from Jacksonville, to Hubert, back to Tarawa Terrace, then to my home. Got here just in time to put poor Roy to bed. He expects me to 'run' every time the phone rings and someone needs something.

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM

Cool- I have abuddy to shop with! I promise not to wear you out or take you away from Roy too long. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to NC.

If there was only a way to steal my Southern Belle to take back to PA with me and I'd be in heaven. She turns a year old next week and I just love to cuddle with her and read and feed her pizza. (She even says mmmm everytime you give her a bite and laughs, just like I taught her)

They just left to go back Sat. night and it is so quiet without my Hailey. I haven't been able to put her toys and books away yet. They are still on the ottoman, waiting for her. (Or clean the fingerprints off the patio doors- the sun shows them off nicely.)

Sharon- you and I will be in touch- for sure!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Good for you! I hope you have a blast and post plenty of pictures!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Oh Barb, I'm jealous! Sounds you'll be having a fabulous holiday :D Give Sharon an extra hug from me!! :D:D:D