Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Velveteen Rabbit

I just started reading this story to my son (I'd actually never read it before), and I couldn't help but think about quilting. The rabbit's quest to become Real sounds a lot like what happens to some of our well-loved quilts; particularly those that are gifted.

If you've never read it, please do, it's a charming story (so far anyway, I hope this isn't like Bambi), which made me feel even better about the quilts I've given away, particularly to children.

If you have read it, don't tell me how it ends. My son and I probably won't finish it for a few days. :)

I used to read that book to my boys when they were little. Now they are 31 and 27 yrs old and to this day they remember the velveteen rabbit and now I read it to my grandkids. It is a very sweet story.

I love it!

Oh, that is one of my favorite stories. The first time I read it to my children they were sitting on the floor and DH was sitting in a chair across from me. He stopped what he was reading and started listening. I finished the whole book and I think he enjoyed it as much as the kids. Still one of my favorite memories.

i will have to read that

Blog Entries
    Very good Book!

Kas
    I always cry when the horse is telling the rabbit about being "real". Dang. My eyes are getting watery just thinking about it!