Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Very Stupid Question from a Beginner >

A Very Stupid Question from a Beginner

A Very Stupid Question from a Beginner

Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Elf, You need to purchase Viking bobbins for it. If you do not have a Viking Dealership in your area, look in the back of your instruction book and there will be a website or a 800 # for Viking. They WILL help you. Do NOT use generic bobbins...
Good Luck...
I agree. I have a Husqvarna Platnium 750. I also use to sell these machines some years ago. They use a certain size bobbin. they are green with a little H engraved. Depending on your model, will tell you what bobbin to buy. Each model is represented by a number from 1-6. Read your manual and check what model you have, from there you will see what number you are. Then when you go to get your package of bobbins, make sure that number is on the package. Some of these packages will have several numbers from 1-6, but if your number is on it, its great. For example, the Designer I (well when I sold them them that is) I think used Bobbin number 6. (well let's say for example if I am wrong). You cannot use the same bobbin that the Designer I uses for your machine or mine. It won't fit properly.

Clear as mud?
If you have any other questions, pm me!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM

Rainforest_elf -

I would stick with Viking bobbins. Also - if your Emerald uses a clear bobbin, that is not the same bobbin as the green one used by the Designer and Scandinavia.

If you do not have a Viking dealer then go on line to a dealer who will make sure that you get the correct bobbin (AllBrands comes to mind but there are many others). Also be careful about Ebay - many listers think that a Viking bobbin is a Viking bobbin.

Triciasquilts is correct - you can really mess it up by using the wrong bobbin. You have a nice little machine - you will enjoy it.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM

You must use Viking bobbins and nothing else! and the right #. go to the dealer. another tip for the plastic bobbins is do not fill them completly, because they swell and then stick.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Its not a stupid question at all...
They are very tricky....Good luck :lol: